• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first con, and my first offering...

67 posts in this topic

Wow! It grabbed this old pre-code horror fan from the start. Can't believe how quickly that first half went by. The story itself is beautifully controlled and the art compliments it perfectly. In addition to BA horror, it has an EC feel to it as well.

We'll be set up at Heroes near Artist Alley. I'm more than happy to collect issues and mail them out to boardies that want them.

I would just ask that the recipients cover first class shipping. I'll make sure none get damaged.

I think I may take you up on that, good sir. That's a kind offer, and will save me a lot of time standing in line at the USPS.

I certainly want a few...they look awesome!

I'll make sure you get plenty! You're in booth #1821, right? I hope to meet as many boardies as possible, but for those we miss, they can just get a copy from your booth if that's OK with you.

Again, thanks for the kind words everyone, very happy that we managed to capture the spirit of older horror comics. We're pleasantly surprised to find that some found an EC feel to it, as well. That was intentional, but in a kind of a 'shoot for the moon' way. This thread is the first time the story/artwork has been released to the wild, and I warned Pat & Renee that some (or perhaps even most) of the posts wouldn't be complimentary in nature, but you cats came hard with the positive reinforcement. (worship) It's giving us a much-needed boost for the final push to get it finished before Heroes.

Great story-telling! The reader isn't "lost" going from panel to panel. It reminded me of a House of Mystery story -- before I read the reference that the story was in homage to Bronze Age horror.

Best of all, no splash-pages that lose continuity and thus the reader.

Let's get a list going here of wants a hard copy.

Columbia Comics - a stack, and the central location for anyone to get one. This is in addition to:

Seanfingh

Bosco685

Lebowski

Evilash

Thirdgreenham

jeffreyk

Blarfingar

conditionfreak

BlowUpTheMoon

kidcolt

jaxcomics

Povertyrow

Robot Brainiac

lscomics

DiceX

TheShadowKnows

Mkkiller

Is that everyone thus far?

Brock has been kind enough to offer to take care of the shipping process, though you gotta cover shipping, which is fair enough, I think.

Yo...

If you want to get peoples name's, addresses and Paypal addresses, I'll take care of the rest.

Brock

I know I'll see some people like chaseman210 & Seanfingh @ Heroes, but for everyone else, PM me the deets listed above, please. :)

This is so great of Brock to offer. If anyone else wants in within the next 24 hours or so, feel welcome to PM me as well. As always, follow us @ http://goldenhourcomics.blogspot.com , and Golden Hour Comics on FB.

Thanks, everyone!

Ugh, printing costs have certainly gone up since the last time we've needed them, they're now about .08 higher than before per side, which with tax will run us about $1.75 per issue. THIS IS NOT A BAIT & SWITCH. Everyone that already asked for one will still get one for free, just please cover shipping. All this really means is that instead of printing up 500+ copies, there will be a lot fewer, and we won't be handing them out like candy to strangers (CGC folk aren't strangers, even if I don't know you :D ). We may even go with printing up a lot of 'zine size 4-page teaser comics, with a link to our site for people to read the rest. Those will go out to strangers on the floor.

Again, there will be no charge other than shipping for those who already asked for one here and via PM. I do ask that those who have already 'reserved' a copy to please PM me the info Brock asked for, which is your physical addy and Paypal address, so I can give him that @ Heroes and he can get them mailed out.

Thanks!

Ugh, printing costs have certainly gone up since the last time we've needed them, they're now about .08 higher than before per side, which with tax will run us about $1.75 per issue. THIS IS NOT A BAIT & SWITCH. Everyone that already asked for one will still get one for free, just please cover shipping. All this really means is that instead of printing up 500+ copies, there will be a lot fewer, and we won't be handing them out like candy to strangers (CGC folk aren't strangers, even if I don't know you :D ). We may even go with printing up a lot of 'zine size 4-page teaser comics, with a link to our site for people to read the rest. Those will go out to strangers on the floor.

Again, there will be no charge other than shipping for those who already asked for one here and via PM. I do ask that those who have already 'reserved' a copy to please PM me the info Brock asked for, which is your physical addy and Paypal address, so I can give him that @ Heroes and he can get them mailed out.

Thanks!

I would be glad to chip in a couple of bucks if need be.My address sent via PM.

Ya..... its really good. Hey, I just checked the Heroes Con Website to see where this show was at, and was stunned to see the guest artist list :o

You are gonna be in some super fine company Beau !!

We didn't get in until late tonight, but we will get the books to Brock's booth ASAP, Very tired right now, time for some sleep. :)

The art was tremendous - easy to grasp instantly what was going on!

Well done to both of you.

Dropped off a stack of books at Brock's table (#1821) for anyone attending Heroes that wants a copy! Brock is good people with some nice wall books, too.

On a side note, first thing in the morning I saw Roy (Vintage Comics). Was neat seeing someone from the boards, though I think he thought I was some random crazy person at first. lol

He didn't try to round house kick you as some sort of a drooling fan boy did he ? :grin:

I think he may have been considering it.

Honestly though, nice as could be.

Day two is in the bag, it was a great experience! Met a lot of nice folks and awesome creators. Pics and more details posted at our site, www.goldenhourcomics.com

One last reminder that Brock of Columbia Comics has free copies of our book for anyone who wants one!

Finally back home after a long drive and then straight to work last night. I've replied to all the PMs I've received thus far, and once I get all the info I'll forward it to Brock (Columbia Comics) so he can ship them. BTW, CC deserves serious props for doing this for me, and I can't express how thankful I am that he offered to do so. Once you guys get the books, I hope you'll stop by here again and voice your opinions, whether they be positive or negative. :ohnoez: