• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel '500 Keys'

185 posts in this topic

Sir,

Is your list on the first page the latest version?

Thanks!

Balls,did you come in and inventory my collection? That's a nice list. :applause:

Thank you! It's a labor of love!

My next version of this list will be to slowly replace the Copper Age books with Bronze and Silver keys. That's going to be a challenge because it will no doubt involve adding some keys that people really don't think are keys. But, that's my goal. List has been updated this morning with a few Coppers removed, and some new keys added (Defenders and Daredevil-centric books).

The rebuttal. :)

Great list.

Over the coming years Hollywood will make some of the semi-keys turn into keys overnight.

I recommend buying as many multiple copies of comics on this list that might get the Hollywood influenced bump like Iron Man #55 and Avengers #55.

We are looking at least another 5 years of Marvel movies.

:cloud9:

Sir,

Thanks!

Balls,did you come in and inventory my collection? That's a nice list. :applause:

My next version of this list will be to slowly replace the Copper Age books with Bronze and Silver keys. That's going to be a challenge because it will no doubt involve adding some keys that people really don't think are keys. But, that's my goal. List has been updated this morning with a few Coppers removed, and some new keys added (Defenders and Daredevil-centric books).

Nice job (thumbs u

:gossip: You're one short.

The rebuttal. :)

Great list.

Over the coming years Hollywood will make some of the semi-keys turn into keys overnight.

I recommend buying as many multiple copies of comics on this list that might get the Hollywood influenced bump like Iron Man #55 and Avengers #55.

We are looking at least another 5 years of Marvel movies.

:cloud9:

Yeah, the next couple of years should be interesting!

Sir,

Thanks!

Nice job (thumbs u

:gossip: You're one short.

lol I see that! I keep adding some and taking some off, must have taken off one too many!

Great list!

Some comments.

Isn't the first appearance of Magnus in Strange Tales 178. At least according to CGC

9350248990_f52ea86dc4_z.jpg

How about including the following due to the movie craze?

-Hulk Annual 5 (Groot's 2nd appearance)

-Avengers 257 (Nebula's first appearance)

-Jungle Action 5 (Black Panther first sole)

Great list!

Some comments.

Isn't the first appearance of Magnus in Strange Tales 178. At least according to CGC

Has exploded in price because of this video.

Introducing Nebula

Great list!

Some comments.

Thanks for the suggestions - I've added all but Avengers 257 because I am starting to remove the Copper Age keys, replacing with SA/BA-era keys only. But, I still think Nebula's first appearance is a key. Too bad she didn't get to be on the cover.

Someone was building one for DC - it's in this section somewhere...

Yeah, I found it and bumped it. It's just a few threads below this one now.

I can't seem to open the link in that thread though (shrug)

I think the link was a spreadsheet or something - I remember people saying they couldn't open it, I think if you download it and open it in Excel, it works.

This link in Google Docs opened for me, though.

You have both Incredible Hulk #159 and Tales to Astonish #90 listed as Abomination's First appearance.

Which is it? Or is that an argument just waiting to happen? lol

I'm trying to start a "beef" with someone. lol

Looks like it's in TTA #90, so I've removed the other listing. But now I'm one short!