• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,403 posts in this topic

And a personal favorite of mine, since I first saw it in an overstreet when I was in 6th grade or so. I have had a couple copies over the years, but this one has the most intense color I have seen on one.

2106894564_faef83fdd0_o.jpg

Those are very bright colors for that issue!

You've been on tear lately. First those uber-cool DC 10 centers and now classic LB Coles! :applause:

great stuff shiv...speaking of painting trades :baiting:

I will be mailing yours to you on monday. :grin:

well, then I need to get a little something in the mail to you...can you PM me your addy again :) woo hoo!

And another classic. Basil Wolverton's INSANE story Robot Woman lives inside. The book looks to be in great shape, but is very fragile, an the spine is half split. :(

2107295654_b0595c8733_o.jpg

WOOOOFF!

Nice cover, especially with that marvelous date December 1952 displayed so prominently.

Too delicate to scan Robot Woman after all that build-up?

Jack

yeah it really is too delicate. I wish I could scan it, it is so over the top! A hunchback mad scientist makes a robot girlfriend, she is burned in a fire and tries to "be with him" all melty faced & horrific. He ends up getting acid spilled in his face, it's a mess...

I like the date displayed & Bailey's obvious signature. :cloud9:

This is the 2nd copy of this book I had, and both had really fragile spines. Must have been cheap paper.

lol

I didn't, but should have spotted this right off the bat. Great job, Jayman! (thumbs u

I like all of the books you bought.

JourneyIntoMystery16a.jpg

Thanks Adam!

I always wanted to see the fully transformed vampire since Everett had such an interesting take on his version of a vampire.

Cloven hooves and horns looks more like a devil bat. Interesting that Ditko drew a similar creature on the cover of The Thing #14 dated June 1954 also! hm

TheThing14.jpg

Shiver, Great books! Those Coles are sweet and I said this when October posted his copy of Weird Mysteries

that I never noticed the faces above the title before as the central art always captured my attention, but they are just as creepy! (thumbs u

Your going over your 2 short box limit aren't you? :baiting:

Thanks! I have always really liked those faces at the top, they are some of the creepiest on the cover.

Bailey does creepy better than just about anyone. :cloud9:

well I have to admit, a big part of my recent tear has been a painting trade I did, I would never have been able to buy so many comics in one month otherwise!

Awesome books Shiverbones - I'm jealous! Love 'em all! :applause:

Very nice books Matthew......you can't go wrong with L.B. Cole my friend.

Picked this one up from Richard Evans by way of Roger (Weird Paper)

Sweet Kirby demon cover and a very nice copy. Very happy to pick this one up.

Scott

Black Magic 8

BlackMagic8.jpg