• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,270 posts in this topic

Law Against Crime #3. If there was ever an under-graded book, this one is it. If all 7.0's looked like this one, I would never try to buy anything higher.

Highest graded copy in the census. Seduction of the Innocent book with both mentions on numerous pages, and a SOTI illustration that depicts two lover shot through the head while parked in a lovers lane. The story deal with a predator/thrill killer. Quite alot to get Doc Wertham all worked up about and it did its job well. A very important book and piece of history. Classic LB Cole cover.

Scott

LawCrime3.1.jpg

depicts two lover shot through the head while parked in a lovers lane

That's a terrific LB Cole cover and it's a romance book as well! :luhv:

I was pleasantly suprised to find this one!

TheThing15.jpg

Now that is a very sharp 15. Where were you able to get this one from???

Congrats to you my friend....you have good taste.

Awesome colors on your copy too........

Scott

Edited by Wrightson fan

Can't go wrong at all with a Heath! The original art to that cover exists and, from the pic, I saw looks just a killer as the comic.

Not HG but how can you go wrong with a Russ Heath cover?

This cover actually reminds me of an obscure '80's horror movie "The Boogens"

Spellbound20.jpg

I bet that girl doesn't have any problems figuring out which direction she's headed.

I just picked up some new pre-code books. Alot of it is in low grade, but some really cool stuff and a few really tough books. Still working it up, but here is some processed with more to come in the next few days.

www.dalerobertscomics.com

Here are a few highlights....

canteenkate.jpg

ADVENTURESINTOTERROR28.jpg

adventuresintotheunknown58.jpg

Good lord! Book is what? A 3.5 at best with that piece missing from the spine? I didn't pay that much more for my slabbed 5.0 a few months ago, and it looks WAY nicer. Demand for pre-code may be in recession, but not for this issue!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110211958407&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Good lord! Book is what? A 3.5 at best with that piece missing from the spine? I didn't pay that much more for my slabbed 5.0 a few months ago, and it looks WAY nicer. Demand for pre-code may be in recession, but not for this issue!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110211958407&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Must be one of the "injury to the eye" issues that everyone secretly wants..(not me, they make me squeamish...;)

Thanks. :foryou:

I wouldn't call this issue scarce (I doubt any EC is really), but I would call it "uncommon". I've kept an eye out for a decent copy for quite a while now. The cover sizzles, and in general the Shock Suspenstories run from about #7-13 is one of my very favorite EC runs. Just really strong writing, some of their most daring "social issues" stories, and of course the great great art.

Must be one of the "injury to the eye" issues that everyone secretly wants..(not me, they make me squeamish...;)

I'm with you Shar.... Yikes.... :eek:

Here are some new purchases, been loading up my store with pre-code stuff. Counting ECs, I think I have something like 225 pre-code horror books listed with pics and I will be listing about 200 more in the next week or so........take a look at www.dalerobertscomics.com

some samples

LAWCRIME2.jpg

LAWCRIME1.jpg

Lostworlds5.jpg

lostworlds6.jpg

journeyintofear6.jpg

journeyintofear3.jpg

journeyintofear10.jpg

journeyintofear5.jpg

journeyintofear15.jpg

journeyintounknownworlds7.jpg

justicetrapstheguilty6.jpg