• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

Astonishing24.jpg

Just got done reading this issue and was impressed with the last story's art by Harry Anderson in "The Stone Face".

I'm familiar with his covers but his linework on this story at least was quite impressive, check it out! (thumbs u

Astonishing24Panal1.jpgAstonishing24Panal2.jpg

And here's the whole page for reference, great effort IMHO! I love finding hidden gems like this! :applause:

Astonishing24Pg.jpg

I love George Evans and I love this book. Have wanted a copy for about 20 years. Crowley pedigree and the best known copy. A tiny piece of foam is inside the slab at the "D" in Death. Will get it re-slabbed soon. :frustrated:

I love this book.

Scott

SSS4.1.jpg

SSS4.2.jpg

"The Spy" vignette is cute. Love the JiUWs. The whole run deserves being seen. (thumbs u

The Atlas vignettes are one of my favorite things produded for pre-code horror books!

The artists often only having the title alone to go by drew these wonderful images sparked from their imaginations.

Not a knock at E.C., but these are far more interesting to look at than the same three "Horror Hosts" on every issue of their books.

Journey into Unknown Worlds 14. Classic Everett cover, Wolverton "Graveyard" story. Colors and gloss are blinding on this copy.

Scott

JIUW14.jpg

Wonderful Everett cover! You're right about those colors! :applause:

Astonishing24Panal2.jpg

Harry drew a few pre-code stories of this quality -- there are some very good artists that never worked for EC.

Edited by adamstrange

I love this book.

SSS4.1.jpg

:applause: Great cover, and outstanding grade - nice job Scott! (I love all the other books you posted too)

since I am not yet a big collector of this genre...are the stories generally as interesting as the covers?

I love this book.

SSS4.1.jpg

:applause: Great cover, and outstanding grade - nice job Scott! (I love all the other books you posted too)

since I am not yet a big collector of this genre...are the stories generally as interesting as the covers?

No! They suck...nothing to see here. zzz:jokealert:

Edited by johnenock