• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,403 posts in this topic

"that will giver her the new look"

pre-codes :headbang:

Bid on this on a lark and it turned out to be pretty nice. Really rich colors and gloss. Not bad for $50. White pages too!

uncannytales23.jpg

great book, great bargain. you da' man!

Bid on this on a lark and it turned out to be pretty nice. Really rich colors and gloss. Not bad for $50. White pages too!

uncannytales23.jpg

Sometimes it's hard to see the Heath signature in the waves near the spine. It's easy on your very clean copy!

Jack

That's a terrific Uncanny Tales cover... Great stuff! Why oh why didn't Atlas do more full-size covers like that???

I guess I am not the only person who hates those stupid borders! Atlas (and ECs) would have been so much cooler with full size covers.

As much as I love ECs, I hate the fact that the covers are cut in half. Such great artists and the impact was diminished by bad cover design. I know I'm in the minority in that opinion! :)

At least with Atlas the side vignettes always changes and some added charm IMHO.

But the EC's had the same three characters always. This HoF #17 is the worst case of the vignettes obscuring an otherwise beautiful cover...

60483-hof17.jpg.0e4a463d0ebca06c748cee8106e701e3.jpg