• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,218 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2024 at 12:57 PM, Hepcat said:

This one was at my local comic shop:

(edited)_Wild_Bill_Pecos.png

I certainly wasn't looking for issues from this title, but it was there, in nice condition and very much affordable. So I bought it. That's how we collectors octopus into a whole smorgasbord of semi-related comics over time.

:wink:

Here I thought I was the only one who did that.  

On 3/28/2024 at 1:00 PM, genrlzod said:

Here I thought I was the only one who did that.  

Nope. I actually think it's a common trait among collectors.

:)

On 3/28/2024 at 12:57 PM, Hepcat said:

I certainly wasn't looking for issues of this title....

Hey! I just checked out a cover gallery of Wild Bill Pecos the Westerner and that's a run well worth pursuing!

^^

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/1/2024 at 4:56 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Instead a Fiction House bondage cover.  This may start a new collecting focus for me.

Why not? Bondage covers are a sub-category of GGA comics.

:x

On 4/2/2024 at 10:24 AM, Hepcat said:

Why not? Bondage covers are a sub-category of GGA comics.

:x

I may start a new collecting category "Big Bazookas". I would love to see that credited on a CGC label. :roflmao:

On 9/9/2004 at 10:40 AM, precodekeith said:

Yeah, in the latest issue of my fanzine I note in the market report how there are many great pre-code horror deals right now. In part due, in my opinion, to the recent frenzy in the BA horror area, especially HG DC material. Also, I hope it is somewhat of a "market correction", coming down from the balloon-inflation pre-code craze of the mid-late 1990's. Let's pray this continues to last!!! http://boards.collectors-society.com/images//graemlins/893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey, sorry, I'm pretty new, and I'm trying to learn from those that clearly know far more than I. I hope the questions don't bother you, soooo, what is the 'BA' horror area, and especially HG DC material. Pretty sure I'm knowing on the DC😏- just curious about the rest. I know there is a horror niche, and I've been reading about comics of war making a move too.

My collection at this point is small and wide variety, but not many silver or golds. Started chewing on spec books and have been doing ok, and I'm learning a lot here. Thanks for letting me babble.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:02 PM, PVOG said:

Hey, sorry, I'm pretty new, and I'm trying to learn from those that clearly know far more than I. I hope the questions don't bother you, soooo, what is the 'BA' horror area, and especially HG DC material. Pretty sure I'm knowing on the DC😏- just curious about the rest. I know there is a horror niche, and I've been reading about comics of war making a move too.

My collection at this point is small and wide variety, but not many silver or golds. Started chewing on spec books and have been doing ok, and I'm learning a lot here. Thanks for letting me babble.

You are responding to a post from 20 years ago.  That person hasn't visited the Boards in more than a decade.

BA = Bronze Age so DC horror comics from 1969 through some 1975 or so.

Edited by adamstrange