• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

My loss is your gain though as I did pause long enough before returning it to take pics of IMO one of the most violent pre-code crime stories I have ever come across, "The Widow of Death"!

Wow, that's some F**ked up S**t!! :o

I wonder how many other "examples" of this type of comic are out there?

If you mean having extremely violent content.

Shiverbones posted some panels of a guy that got his neck broke and was burned alive

but couldn't die that were pretty gruesome from Strange Stories From Another World #2 IIRC.

Publishing that story took some really poor taste on the publisher's part. I can't believe someone looked at those pages and said, "It's great! Let's print it." I don't support censorship, but I'm not going to defend bad taste either.

Quite a few! :cloud9:

Quite a few! :cloud9:

post them? :wishluck:

Visit! :baiting:

I'm always torn where to show these pre-code 50's DC books... they are so tame in comparison to the other books of the day(Thing1 16 for instance with numerous knife through neck panels, etc). The DC's just seem silver age to me. Anyway, a couple new pre-codes:

From Clink for a lot under guide:

MIS3.jpg

Posted this in silver, but I suppose it belongs here. One of my favorites from this run:

StrangeAdventures21.jpg

Thanks, guys. I am really starting to get into the DC's from this age, which is affecting my pre-code horror buying. Fortunately, it doesn't appear that everyone and their grandmothers collect these books, so I should have a good buying year...unless the new baby's diapers(Due in July) severely cut into my budget..

Thanks, guys. I am really starting to get into the DC's from this age, which is affecting my pre-code horror buying. Fortunately, it doesn't appear that everyone and their grandmothers collect these books, so I should have a good buying year...unless the new baby's diapers(Due in July) severely cut into my budget..

Buy the diapers in bulk at Costco.......I do. :gossip:

We've been buying from Costco once a payday since she told me they go through like 12 diapers a day(OMFG!?)...should save us in the long run.

We've been buying from Costco once a payday since she told me they go through like 12 diapers a day(OMFG!?)...should save us in the long run.

At least 12 a day if they are a normal kid.....get ready Dad. You are about to see sights that no man should ever see. :baiting:

At least 12 a day if they are a normal kid.....get ready Dad. You are about to see sights that no man should ever see. :baiting:

:sick:lol