• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I almost forgot this one was coming. A big thanks to our own Buck Biggins for this one.

Superior is my favorite pre code producer because their stories are INSANE and as surreal as you could hope. And almost every issue has someone deciding to commit suicide. Just crazy stuff. This is a SOTI issue, and has the absolute classic"Return of the Ghoul" which is one of my favorite pre-code stories. OH, and the gloss on this book is SICK, I have never seen a PCH like it.

2456224464_6f6c0c8fa9_o.jpg

GREAT stuff and like you said - some WILD stories

I've been collecting these for over 25 years after being "turned on" to them by George Suarez in his old horror and SF mini sale catalogs

Another odd thing about Superior was how they would use a splash page for a story as a cover in another title or issue

Great pick up!!!

Edited by capt_comics

WOW! You are in for a treat! Pick up a reader of Strange Mysteries #8 or 10, or this JIF as a perfect introduction to just how fun these are to read.

JIF#12 "The Evil Intruder". Bestest pre-code story ever. :cloud9:

I never read #12, but can it possibly be better than "Revenge Can Be Fatal" in Strange Mysteries #10? Synopsis...

Man's wife cheats on man with lover. Lover throws man into vat of acid. Man survives, spends his life tracking down lover, horror ensues along the way. Man finds lover just died before man could get to him, so man brings lover back to life so HE can kill him. Lover is brought back to life and kills the man instead, and laughs triumphantly. Evil wins.

I never read #12, but can it possibly be better than "Revenge Can Be Fatal" in Strange Mysteries #10? Synopsis...

Man's wife cheats on man with lover. Lover throws man into vat of acid. Man survives, spends his life tracking down lover, horror ensues along the way. Man finds lover just died before man could get to him, so man brings lover back to life so HE can kill him. Lover is brought back to life and kills the man instead, and laughs triumphantly. Evil wins.

Excellent story -- I have the issue.

It's not worth describing "Evil Intruder" because it won't due justice to the perfect combination of story and art. Get a copy -- you'll love it.

Edited by adamstrange

It's not worth describing "Evil Intruder" because it won't due justice to the perfect combination of story and art. Get a copy -- you'll love it.

I second this opinion - some WILD dialogue and some crazy art

you just have to read it yourself

I second this opinion - some WILD dialogue and some crazy art

you just have to read it yourself

A fellow connoisseur! :headbang:

why thank you ... thank you very much (thumbs u

Whenever I use to get the George Suarez for sale list, he would always mention if this issue was available and price accordingly - I was always too late to snag the copy he was selling, but I finally picked up a copy at a show back in the 80s

Classic stuff

Edited by capt_comics

While not one of the standard "Classic" covers, this has always been a favorite of mine. So ridiculous that it's wonderful. The story Rat-Trap 1st appears inside which is pure precode heaven. This post is dedicated to comicdey, who enjoys GGA more than horror. This is a good mix of the two, and has far more "Nipple" then most books did at the time.

2465418488_15ca3b3eef_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

OK Jay, here it is...

There are very few PCH books that I have wanted for over 15 years, but never owned. Weird Mysteries #4, 5, Weird Tales of the Future #2, 3, Mister Mystery #12, Weird Chills #2, and this one. I am so happy to finally have found the right copy at the right price of this tough book.

2468198830_47af1f4a08_o.jpg