• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Thanks! yup! yet it guides for half of the famous funnies covers, and is much harder to find. Of course I had to pay famous Funnies cover prices to get it, so at least the market bears out the truth if not the guide.

Edited by shiverbones

Congratulations, Shiver! That's a wonderful book to own. Frazetta zombies and a Frazetta babe! :cloud9:

:blush: Thanks!

Don't have in hand yet but just ordered this from Metro based on your "Superior" recommendation. adamstrange's too! My first Superior!

JIF12F.jpg

OK Jay, here it is...

There are very few PCH books that I have wanted for over 15 years, but never owned. Weird Mysteries #4, 5, Weird Tales of the Future #2, 3, Mister Mystery #12, Weird Chills #2, and this one. I am so happy to finally have found the right copy at the right price of this tough book.

2468198830_47af1f4a08_o.jpg

Very sweet book, Matthew. That cover is awesome. Congratulations on finding one of your grails. :)

OK Jay, here it is...

There are very few PCH books that I have wanted for over 15 years, but never owned. Weird Mysteries #4, 5, Weird Tales of the Future #2, 3, Mister Mystery #12, Weird Chills #2, and this one. I am so happy to finally have found the right copy at the right price of this tough book.

Very sweet book, Matthew. That cover is awesome. Congratulations on finding one of your grails. :)

Thanks Kyle!

lol

Well between the two of us, we took the 2 copies that were on the non-ebay market as I got Payette's VG+. One more in an ebay store if someone wants to make a clean sweep.

Who says these boards aren't influential? hmlol

OK Jay, here it is...

That's too cool!! I can't believe I've never seen it before, and can't believe it's by Frazetta! (worship)

If only we had a run of Frazetta horror covers! What a missed opportunity. I think the only reason this one was done was more as a favor to Sid Check who Frazetta was mentoring at the time.

I've read an interview where Frazetta said he wasn't really into the "horror vibe".

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Tremendous book and as you're aware, Frazetta's only horror cover. Great pick-up! :applause:

2468882649_27a231d4d9.jpg

Seems like popping out of a grave should be horror but does the hat make it only a western?

bb

Yep, as much as I love that Ghost Rider cover it's still just a western hero disguised as a ghost to frighten the "bad guys". Not a true horror genre book.

Wanted a copy of this book for a while. Finally found one in my price range...

SSC122.jpg

And the ghost was printed in blue -- 1951, Bill Ely.

Maybe the technique was much more common (esp 1950s DC) than I realized but I'm just noticing it recently.

Jack