• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

That's a classic! Glad everything worked out with the tape. :)

Thanks god it's a fresh paged copy! As I was putting it away from scanning I got tape caught on the cover! :o

A careful, precise and calm hand pulled it back off without the slightest bit of paper coming up. doh! Good god almighty...close call!

but it might have lost microscopic particles of gloss not to be caught by the naked eye; disclose the tape incident upon selling, please [but with that careful, precise and calm hand DO NOT lower the price one cent!].

Thanks god it's a fresh paged copy! As I was putting it away from scanning I got tape caught on the cover! :o

A careful, precise and calm hand pulled it back off without the slightest bit of paper coming up. doh! Good god almighty...close call!

but it might have lost microscopic particles of gloss not to be caught by the naked eye; disclose the tape incident upon selling, please [but with that careful, precise and calm hand DO NOT lower the price one cent!].

Shouldn't the fact that it was scanned be disclosed as well?

After all, it was exposed to an abnormally bright light. Microscopic fading could have occurred. Obviously an un-scanned copy would be much more desirable.

My first post to this thread and most certainly won't be my last. All of these were purchased off the boards either through the market or forum members over the past few weeks. Thanks again everyone that I have purchased from. :)

First up is an Adventures into the Unknown #2.

adventuresintotheunknownw6.jpg

Followed by an Adventures into the Unknown #3.

adventuresintotheunknowoj7.jpg

Then an Astonishing #30.

astonishing30zo0.jpg

A Baffling Mysteries #14.

baffling14mr1.jpg

Next is a Crime Suspenstories 22. Definitely one of my favorites. It was hard to resist this copy when I saw it listed.

crimesuspenstories22uc9.jpg

Mysterious Adventures #3.

mysteriousadventures3ma2.jpg

And the last one for the evening is a Web of Mystery #18.

webofmystery18xt3.jpg

My first post to this thread and most certainly won't be my last. All of these were purchased off the boards either through the market or forum members over the past few weeks. Thanks again everyone that I have purchased from. :)

Those are all great books - nice job! :applause:

Thanks, Bonds25 and shiverbones. :)

A few more arrived today. They aren't all horror though like the last batch I shared.

First up is an Authentic Police Cases #2. Canadian Edition. When I saw this I really liked the cover. So of course I had to pick it up.

authenticpolicecases2qr1.jpg

Next up is a Four Color #282. I love the Duck comics especially when the cover has money involved.

fourcolor282hn2.jpg

Followed by a Tales From the Crypt #27. Who can resist a nice executioner cover?

talesfromthecrypt27qy4.jpg

And the last book for the day is a Wings #84.

wings84vh8.jpg

Best Single mail day I think I have had in years! 2 of my top 5 pre-code horror covers.

1st up, this book is always 2x guide, there are maybe 2 or 3 copies available at any given time, but never never cheap, Doesn't matter if it's a fair or a VFNM. I hesitated on this copy for a couple months before I finally bit the bullet & went for it. I am glad I did, it's such a deep flat even black copy. Some days this is my favorite cover of all time.... :cloud9: Other days I just stare in awe at just how depraved & sadistic it is.

2449390921_1cb99883bd_o.jpg

and this one is perfect for me, as it's a lower grade copy, but the front cover presents incredibly well. I actually got it for a hair under guide too! Some Days this is my favorite cover of all time too. Other days I just marvel at how well Saunders could paint. This is pure panic. Frantic, paranoid mania, perfectly captured by Saunders. And the whited out eyes, that's just bonkers, but so effective.

2449391129_4730ecb5c8_o.jpg

I wondered that too, but if that were true, I would expect the logical decision would be to just put the eyes in shadow and leave it to the imagination. Making them white is almost SO bizarre that I feel it has to be intentional. Even just flesh painting them over would been eerie, make sense, and not be as gross as gouged out sockets, but white is just crazyness. (shrug)

My 7 year old daughter was just looking over my shoulder and asked why his empty sockets were white lol She thought the cover was pretty cool though, and kind of scary as well.

The bottom of the cover isn't visible in the scan, but unless it or the back cover is a mess - looks nicer than 3.0 - the kind of book that would be graded 4.0 raw by many and still be priced above guide - well done!