• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

What a great copy of a classic cover! I love how the one eye is open in horror underwater...Yeesh! Creepy!

I think this is one of Ayer's best covers, though I wonder if someone else might not have been involved.

Isn't there a Ghost Rider (10?) as well?

Yeah! Another great one.

GhostRider10free-1.jpg

very nice copy....I keep meaning to buy a copy, but all I ever come across are VG's or the ORE copies from overseas. This appears to be one of the more common covers of the run surprisingly, but excellent nonetheless.

I've not found the Ghostrider 10 to be common, but you do see the Ore copies on this issue, though thankfully not on this copy.

BobbyBenson.jpg

I have had 4 CSS22's over the years, and I always sold them because they were pretty easy to replace. Lately that has been a Faaaar different story. Like Venus #19, it's one of those books gaining rampant momentum.

Edited by shiverbones

love the colors on this one.

uncanny.jpg

It's a great picture of a decaying haunted house! :applause:

I have had 4 CSS22's over the years, and I always sold them because they were pretty easy to replace. Lately that has been a Faaaar different story. Like Venus #19, it's one of those books gaining rampant momentum.

I agree, it's like it wasn't hard to find so a lot of people figured they'ed pick one up and now they are a bit scarcer to find...(at least in HG) hm

Woo-Hoo! Super psyched about this one! I have had 3 of these in the past, and the colors never came close to this one, it is ridiculously rich & intense in hand. The red just glows off of the cover, and the blue is unlike an blue I have seen on a comic.

2438746833_6c32b29b9e_o.jpg

Woo-Hoo! Super psyched about this one! I have had 3 of these in the past, and the colors never came close to this one, it is ridiculously rich & intense in hand. The red just glows off of the cover, and the blue is unlike an blue I have seen on a comic.

Awesome pickup - nicely done! (thumbs u

Thanks god it's a fresh paged copy! As I was putting it away from scanning I got tape caught on the cover! :o

A careful, precise and calm hand pulled it back off without the slightest bit of paper coming up. doh! Good god almighty...close call!

Edited by shiverbones