• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Don't really know where to post this....it's a DC attempt at the genre, but quite tame by comparison. This is the nicest copy I've ever seen....but there must be a Mile High or Bethlehem.....this one isn't even Fine, but the price was great and it's got White pages.....always loved this cover. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

PHNTMSTGR1.jpg

....this is a book I SHOULD have gotten at the Richmond show.....ever put a book back and get home and go WTF...?

101_0318.jpg

Great cover and looks to be in 7.0/7.5. Get hold of the dealer and buy it via mail order!!

I think I might have to, Andy.....it was almost double guide, but I should be used to that by now. Just the kind of cover to get Mom's panties in a bunch....." I don't THINK SO, young man !".......GOD BLESS.,...

P.S . That's why they're usually in bad shape, you had to keep those kind of comics outdoors lol

Edited by jimjum12

This one has been at the top of my want list for a long time. It's got a detached cover and rusty staples with staining but I'm just happy I found an affordable copy.

MisterMystery11.jpg

Just watched this eBay auction end... Item number #190700463313... I would have posted about it earlier but didn't want to annoy any bidders by drawing attention to it.

It was an 18-comic lot of early EC horror issues in what appears to be fine-plus condition. It includes the first Tales From the Crypt #20 (#1), and two issues of Crypt of Terror (#18 and #19). Also there was Vault of Horror #13 (#2), and Haunt of Fear #4, along with numerous other early issues of the above titles. Auction ended at $2,676.26, which is just shy of averaging $150 per comic. If they're as nice as they look, a $150-per-issue average is a pretty good deal. Though it was still quite a bit higher than I could or would have bid!

128150.jpg.c3d9ce6d92f856d81c92d3545924e327.jpg

Just watched this eBay auction end... Item number #190700463313... I would have posted about it earlier but didn't want to annoy any bidders by drawing attention to it.

It was an 18-comic lot of early EC horror issues in what appears to be fine-plus condition. It includes the first Tales From the Crypt #20 (#1), and two issues of Crypt of Terror (#18 and #19). Also there was Vault of Horror #13 (#2), and Haunt of Fear #4, along with numerous other early issues of the above titles. Auction ended at $2,676.26, which is just shy of averaging $150 per comic. If they're as nice as they look, a $150-per-issue average is a pretty good deal. Though it was still quite a bit higher than I could or would have bid!

I put in what turned out to be a thrill bid. That was too much dough to risk for me. But you are right, some of those books looked to be in quite nice shape. Would love to know how this works out for the buyer.

I put in what turned out to be a thrill bid. That was too much dough to risk for me. But you are right, some of those books looked to be in quite nice shape. Would love to know how this works out for the buyer.

My thrill bid turned out to be pretty un-thrilling, relative to the sale price. I am pretty sure you have most of those issues pretty well covered with your Cochran bound volume, you lucky person....

Just picked this up from a recent sales thread on here.

I know that this series was continued from Sub-Mariner Comics.

I've read that the issue before this one, Amazing Mysteries #32

is considered Marvel / Atlas first horror comic. Is that correct?

Anyone have any other info?

Thanks!

AM33.jpg

Nice Weird Mysteries......I'm still looking for the right white paged copy of # 2 to turn up. I'd prefer a 5 but it's floated upwards past my reach. Here's a couple of new ones for me. GOD BLESS....

HOF12.jpg

HOF28.jpg

ShkSsp6.jpg