• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Both of those are very cool! :applause:

^Two of my favorite covers! I just won these today...

I love them both. Shock Suspense 9 is one of my favorite comic books. Great cover, and one classic story after another.

Many thanks to a fellow Boardie for this strange cover...

rolypoly1470cowepra.jpg

It's not as bad as it looks. This woman just has a fence-shaped torso. Dig the shoulder pads. She also was recently competing in a cherry-pie eating contest, hence the reddish stains. The moral is: Don't jump to conclusions, Renaissance Fair guy.

Here's an eBay auction I was watching earlier this week. Looks like a really nice copy of Venus #18. Quite a price!

That book has been red hot. Check out the 5.5 that sold for almost $1300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venus-18-CGC-5-5-WHITE-Classic-Everett-Atlas-Pre-Code-Horror-Golden-Age-Comic-/350583039445?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51a060a5d5

Here's an eBay auction I was watching earlier this week. Looks like a really nice copy of Venus #18. Quite a price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venus-18-CGC-5-5-WHITE-Classic-Everett-Atlas-Pre-Code-Horror-Golden-Age-Comic-/350583039445?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51a060a5d5

I can remember an 8.0 of that book being sold in the marketplace only a couple of years ago for below $1K.....

I can remember an 8.0 of that book being sold in the marketplace only a couple of years ago for below $1K.....

I foolishly passed on a 6.5 at WWC a few years back. I ended up with another copy in the same grade (thanks Jimbo), but it was pricier (though still cheaper than what I would have to pay now apparently).

I foolishly passed on a 6.5 at WWC a few years back. I ended up with another copy in the same grade (thanks Jimbo), but it was pricier (though still cheaper than what I would have to pay now apparently).

-jimjum12(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....believe it or not, I paid 900 for that copy several years ago and was thankful to get it. Some books just have to be overpaid for. I always preferred the 18 but a nice 19 would probably eclipse it in price. I was never a big fan of the cover to # 17.....but to me, IT has the best stories of the 17-19 trifecta. GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

-jimjum12(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....believe it or not, I paid 900 for that copy several years ago and was thankful to get it. Some books just have to be overpaid for. I always preferred the 18 but a nice 19 would probably eclipse it in price. I was never a big fan of the cover to # 17.....but to me, IT has the best stories of the 17-19 trifecta. GOD BLESS....

19 is my favorite, and likely the most expensive (and toughest) of the three. Mine is a lowly 4.0 or 4.5 and I am still thrilled to have it!

I passed on dannyboy's copy of the # 18 several years ago for what would be a nice price today. I even PMed October about pricing range back then. I ended up buying Golddust's copy off his site thanks to Jimjum's tip-off it was listed there.

Oh! Notice how all these same people are still talking about the same book today lol

I passed on dannyboy's copy of the # 18 several years ago for what would be a nice price today. I even PMed October about pricing range back then. I ended up buying Golddust's copy off his site thanks to Jimjum's tip-off it was listed there.

Oh! Notice how all these same people are still talking about the same book today lol

Can I join in on this years-long conversation and buy one from somebody?? :wishluck:

It must be about 10 years since I got my copies - I've had lower grade copies of #17 and #19 in the distant past. The #17 ws a CGC 6.0 from Ebay which I think cost about $400; the #18 came from Boyd Rowden and as I recall was $475 (small piece professionally reattached top right, so apparent 8.0 or something) close; the #19 came from Jim Payette - it was part of an original owner horror collection and was also $475 and graded 7.5, a bit harsh as it's very beautiful. The strongest stories are in #17 and #18 I'd say. #19 definitely has a last issue feel to it. Artwork is still great though.

Venus1760.jpg

Venus1870.jpg

Venus1975.jpg