• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

They are both great! Jayman, thanks for the compliment on the group shot! It's really funny that you have only 3 of these (which ones? :)) -- because I was just admiring yet another awesome Atlas you'd posted the other day, and thinking you must have a collection more vast than mine (and you do, as far as Atlas books go!)

It is a lot of fun to always have something new to pursue or catch your interest -- PCH is a rewarding field to explore. :)

The three I have are:

City of the Living Dead

Chamber of Chills 19

The Haunt of Horror 14

Two of the tougher books right there. (thumbs u

They are both great! Jayman, thanks for the compliment on the group shot! It's really funny that you have only 3 of these (which ones? :)) -- because I was just admiring yet another awesome Atlas you'd posted the other day, and thinking you must have a collection more vast than mine (and you do, as far as Atlas books go!)

It is a lot of fun to always have something new to pursue or catch your interest -- PCH is a rewarding field to explore. :)

The three I have are:

City of the Living Dead

Chamber of Chills 19

The Haunt of Horror 14

Ah, Haunt of Fear #14 you mean! :) I love Haunted Horror too. :)

The three I have are:

City of the Living Dead

Chamber of Chills 19

The Haunt of Horror 14

Ah, Haunt of Fear #14 you mean! :) I love Haunted Horror too. :)

Oops, yeah Haunt of Fear. I was looking at mags over in the magazine thread and a couple were Haunt of Horror! :insane:

None of these are recent purchases really -- just a random assemblage of faves. Forgive the glare!

28books.jpg

What's so great about this hobby is the diversity and amount of books to choose from. I have a ton of PCH and yet I only own three books from your grouping! Many on my want list! Great group shot! (worship)

I only have 4. :(

7bb26ad1cb621947c9eb105574c35b1b84c92a19.jpg

f35260d19961f99ecd2b075fd9cdafe212ce6cbd.jpg

b0916a1d6990c4b759093a9e29b7e26693fa5ea2.jpg

65b36b8f137f60139b6cc687badd56a41f9dc2b4.jpg

Here's a recent pick-up. A book I've always wanted in my collection. Not too sure about the Matt Baker art in this book as the GCD does not credit his hand in this issue.

Can anyone verify if there is any Matt Baker art inside this book?

House%20Of%20Terror%20%201%20CGC%208.0_zpsdraqtkdu.jpg

Here's a recent pick-up. A book I've always wanted in my collection. Not too sure about the Matt Baker art in this book as the GCD does not credit his hand in this issue.

Can anyone verify if there is any Matt Baker art inside this book?

House%20Of%20Terror%20%201%20CGC%208.0_zpsdraqtkdu.jpg

I bought my copy of this book in 1959, along with -I believe- 2 other 3D comics. Four pretty good horror stories in it, which were taken from other pre-code comics, I assume of the St. John label.

There are no artist credits on any of the splash pages. The first story looks like Joe Kubert work. None of the others appears to be Baker art.

Just got this in; a reader copy of course, but it's missing about half of the last sheet (2 pages) of the second story entitled, "The Undead".

2uqlurm.jpg

If anyone has a link to the story illustrations, or has the book raw, and could scan and email to me the last two pages, I would be ever so grateful. It's Mystic 3.

More junk from the dirt pile reader copy collection of Mr. Illmannered

Highest graded

241mo8g.jpg

Some reader copy! ;) I have a raw Fine/VF copy of this one. Yours is a beauty!!

That Gal from the pen of Wally Wood sure got around. But no matter how often she changed her hair color from brunette to blonde, she still found herself tangling with the undead! :D