• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have spent a lot of time reading this thread and thought it was high time to say hi. I am a collector based in Australia, which means that all pre-code books come at a very high premium due to shipping costs and the U.S/AUD dollar exchange rate.

There is 0% chance of finding pre-code horror at a thrift shop or garage sale here - the comics just never made it out here. That said: The 70's/early 80's Gredown horror reprints seem to be selling for higher and higher.

I am working on completing my mid-grade VOH run and am only 3 issues off (34, 14 and of course 12).

I know full runs of EC are merely a starting point for you guys.

Anyhow, here is one of my latest additions which arrived in the PO box with much fanfare!

2mry5gl.jpg

Gun shot wounds to head covers were really brutal. I mean golden age has so many sub sets within sub sets its crazy fun collecting. Can only think of two i have in my collection so far, but there are many more that come to mind. Insurance scam cover ? hm

Crime%20Mysteries%209_zpsxwxefmra.jpg

Gun shot wounds to head covers were really brutal. I mean golden age has so many sub sets within sub sets its crazy fun collecting. Can only think of two i have in my collection so far, but there are many more that come to mind. Insurance scam cover ? hm

Crime%20Mysteries%209_zpsxwxefmra.jpg

Very cool. Don't think I've seen it before.

Gun shot wounds to head covers were really brutal. I mean golden age has so many sub sets within sub sets its crazy fun collecting. Can only think of two i have in my collection so far, but there are many more that come to mind.

One of my favorites!

CrimeDoesNotPay54.jpg

Oh, there's a lot of them. Hmmm, maybe a junk subset? Anyway, here's a couple quick ones to tide you over...

comdicktracy50_zpsaln4lfqr.jpg

comwarfury1_zpsjygne8xg.jpg

And the KING of them all and one of my favorite horror covers!

comhorrific3_zpsg2zhfdsw.jpg

RM, these are bad a**, the Horrific is infamous, also the EC 'suicide' cover. The D**k Tracy is new to me. Very graphic considering the character. :applause:

Junk subset request submitted sir!