• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

20 somthing years a romance started- with the Gerber PhotoJournal Guide. I poured over the two volumes, compiled a list of the books with scarcity index of 7 or above and was mesmerized by the number of books I had never seen before. There were a few that stood out even more than others, and yesterday I had a chance to pick up my first copy of one of my favorites. :cloud9:

17230.jpg

20 somthing years a romance started- with the Gerber PhotoJournal Guide. I poured over the two volumes, compiled a list of the books with scarcity index of 7 or above and was mesmerized by the number of books I had never seen before. There were a few that stood out even more than others, and yesterday I had a chance to pick up my first copy of one of my favorites. :cloud9:

17230.jpg

Very nice, congrats! :applause:

I don't know why but this seems to be a semi-popular issue to have.

I haven't read it.

Nightmare_01.jpg

Corpses that won't stay dead are the worst

First time I've ever noticed that the masthead has bat wings! Also the 3 ghost men up in the top right corner. (thumbs u

17230.jpg

+1 Congrats!

I haven't read it.

Nightmare_01.jpg

Corpses that won't stay dead are the worst

First time I've ever noticed that the masthead has bat wings! Also the 3 ghost men up in the top right corner. (thumbs u

Same here!

17230.jpg

Very awesome book!

17230.jpg

Very awesome book!

+1 Great book! :applause:

Superhero/humor/horror all rolled up into one pre-code package. I don't normally delve into this pond, but I was just smitten by this book.

It was a pleasure to see this book in person, and get to meet mrmyst, october, and supernerd at the recent C2E2 -- I wonder what it is about precode horror fans -- these guys are typical -- that they're quite the opposite of the horrible, frightful 40's and 50's material we love? You couldn't hope to meet nicer, more pleasant people to talk with. :)

Great book, mrmyst! The late issues of Whiz, Cap Marvel Jr and Marvel Familys, etc. all had bits of the wave of horror sneaking into their covers and guts (heh-heh) -- I need to get some for my collection (though not as nice in shape!)

I haven't read it.

Nightmare_01.jpg

As well as this one.

Astonishing_35.jpg

hof_15.jpg

WeirdScience_10.jpg

Without a doubt, you've got great taste in affordable (relatively) and not nosebleed grades (relatively) that still present terrifically (undoubtably!) Congrats on these great books! :)

17230.jpg

Congrats from me too, Andy -- hope to see you at Chicago cons, sometime soon! :)

17230.jpg

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Andy. Big congrats. I, too, had to have one after I got the Photo-Journals way back when. Had a VG and then a 6.5, and it's been locked in my box for 20 years, where it'll stay.

17230.jpg

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Andy. Big congrats. I, too, had to have one after I got the Photo-Journals way back when. Had a VG and then a 6.5, and it's been locked in my box for 20 years, where it'll stay.

Rats! I don't have one in any grade. Perhaps someday tho! :)

Superhero/humor/horror all rolled up into one pre-code package. I don't normally delve into this pond, but I was just smitten by this book.

It was a pleasure to see this book in person, and get to meet mrmyst, october, and supernerd at the recent C2E2 -- I wonder what it is about precode horror fans -- these guys are typical -- that they're quite the opposite of the horrible, frightful 40's and 50's material we love? You couldn't hope to meet nicer, more pleasant people to talk with. :)

Great book, mrmyst! The late issues of Whiz, Cap Marvel Jr and Marvel Familys, etc. all had bits of the wave of horror sneaking into their covers and guts (heh-heh) -- I need to get some for my collection (though not as nice in shape!)

Thanks John! It was indeed great to meet you at C2E2!

The August Chicago convention would be a great time to get some of us gnarly horror collectors together - if anyone attends please come to the C-Link booth and introduce yourself. Bring some ratty old horror comics!

17230.jpg

That's too bad, it would be nice to take it out and look at it every now and again. :P

17230.jpg

Congrats from me too, Andy -- hope to see you at Chicago cons, sometime soon! :)

:wishluck:

17230.jpg

That's too bad, it would be nice to take it out and look at it every now and again. :P

lol

17230.jpg