• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

I love that book but it certainly seems to have more copies show up than many other key PC books. Getting a copy is more about paying for the honor than actually having to hunt for one long.

Still I think that is one of the best in your face PC books ever done. Place that next to CS #22 and what a set of bookends you'll have. (thumbs u

;)

8vqh3c.jpg

Now if that guys shirt was blue, I'd swear it was the same fella! :sumo:

Could be a color change due to lighting? Maybe the shirt looks darker inside at night than outside under the glare of car headlights? lol

I love that book but it certainly seems to have more copies show up than many other key PC books. Getting a copy is more about paying for the honor than actually having to hunt for one long.

Still I think that is one of the best in your face PC books ever done. Place that next to CS #22 and what a set of bookends you'll have. (thumbs u

My experience has been that it's not quite as common as you make it sound. But great comics seem to exchange hands often.

Edited by Twistty1

Didn't mean it was more common than other PC keys but it seems to be coming up for sale the last few years way more often than some other PC key books. So maybe it's just some weird cycle or maybe I'm just running into it more often.

It's still a really cool book to own either way. (thumbs u

Didn't mean it was more common than other PC keys but it seems to be coming up for sale the last few years way more often than some other PC key books. So maybe it's just some weird cycle or maybe I'm just running into it more often.

It's still a really cool book to own either way. (thumbs u

I agree with you completely. Over the last year or so I've seen several nice looking copies come up, but prior to that I hadn't seen a copy come up for sale for quite some time... Personally, it's my favourite pre code book, so I'm happy to have seen a few finally show up and actually get one. :headbang:

Great pic Fifties. :applause:

Edited by Twistty1

;)

8vqh3c.jpg

My wife hates comics and I have avoided covers that may be too violent towards women...and they were expensive.. :gossip: However, I wish I had one or two of those in my collection. Thanks for posting.

Has that post code feel about it

Doesn't it? The code took effect a few issues later, so maybe that had something to do with it. Then again the next issue features a classic, fully pre-code Heath cover.

Has that post code feel about it

Doesn't it? The code took effect a few issues later, so maybe that had something to do with it. Then again the next issue features a classic, fully pre-code Heath cover.

The code was on their heels for sure as even the two issues before this one were pretty tame and the one following (giant hand) while classic looking, is leaning more towards the classic Kirby monster covers to come.

I think those hooded figures scream pre-code.

I do agree but in the harder pre-code the hooded figures were often doing more than just looking! For some reason the vanishing appendage/person started appearing more around the turn of the code, too. :hi:

Edited by ThatPovGuy

That's a lot of great reading! :applause:

Not in the same league as some of the books posted above, but a nice little GA batch of reading copies to enjoy arrived, courtesy of a fellow Boardie. :)

000_0002_zpsxhc5mfye.jpg