• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

You and what army?

None. We are in full retreat after that first round of prices.

are we ever!

The Marvel Tales 95 and the Chilling Tales are both double what I expected. I suspect that the seller has a lot of desirable books selling at the same time lends to these prices being paid.

Those with ample reserves of cash falling from their pockets are buying multiple books.

The seller has had some great books, and a few went under the radar. All that I've seen look to be around the same grade (which is to say STELLAR for these titles). He's fast on responses in case anyone has any questions before this round ends today. I'm hoping to pick up a few myself....

Already snagged one just after midnight last night for a nice price! :whistle:

(thumbs u Congrats! Was it the Blue Bolt? That one went for a song considering it had a Cole cover and a Wolverton interior story....I stopped bidding only because of all the tasty goodness ending today.

Already snagged one just after midnight last night for a nice price! :whistle:

(thumbs u Congrats! Was it the Blue Bolt? That one went for a song considering it had a Cole cover and a Wolverton interior story....I stopped bidding only because of all the tasty goodness ending today.

I was the under bidder on the Blue Bolt... :sorry: It did go cheap, I should have bid a bit higher. I won the Adventures into Terror 7. Says it was a deslabbed 6.5. We will see...

You and what army?

None. We are in full retreat after that first round of prices.

lol

sure hope theres not a lot of disappointed bidders. This guys photos had the images cropped so bad that you couldn't tell if any of the edges had chipping or tears, and why exactly would u do this unless of course you wanted your book to look prettier than it actually was

You guys weren't supposed to notice that seller's eBay auctions...Fortunately I have almost all of 'em (nowhere near the grades he has though), but there's still a few I might bid on, provided they don't go through the roof (I know, I know, wishful thinking!)

The rarest he's offering, I think, is The Thing #12. You practically never see that issue become available.

I messaged the seller and turns out all books are raw. Some were cracked out and he includes the label. I told him they were advertised as slabbed and he said cgc would reholder them. I told him that was incorrect that they'll simply regrade them. Anyhow, just so people know.

I messaged the seller and turns out all books are raw. Some were cracked out and he includes the label. I told him they were advertised as slabbed and he said cgc would reholder them. I told him that was incorrect that they'll simply regrade them. Anyhow, just so people know.

So if I buy one, read it with Peanut Butter and Jelly all over my fingers, and then send it to CGC, do you think that they'll up the grade, since the book would now have some character added to it? :)

His completed list shows that it sold for $2,176 with 27 bids. The two under bidders were at $2151 and $2125.

I don't understand why the seller didn't offer it to them in succession, using eBay's second chance feature, assuming the winner got cold feet and didn't want to go through with his commitment to buy.

His completed list shows that it sold for $2,176 with 27 bids. The two under bidders were at $2151 and $2125.

I don't understand why the seller didn't offer it to them in succession, using eBay's second chance feature, assuming the winner got cold feet and didn't want to go through with his commitment to buy.

That's what I was thinking. He had a $2000 bin before the bid and even that is lower than the next couple of losing bids on the original.