• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I see this one posted a few times, so thought I would show off mine again. This is my favorite PCH, and the one that really hooked me when I first joined the boards. I remember seeing Artboy buy his and starting my search right then in earnest. Such a very cool book.

chilling%20tales%2018_zpsbvifntqm.jpg

(thumbs u I always enjoy seeing copies of that issue.

Thanks.. these pre-codes are scarce in higher grade, in general paper in the 50's was of a lower quality. Quite a few of the Northford's show tanning on the inside covers and hence I think thats why the grade of 8.5 on the Chilling Tales ...otherwise structurally the book is a 9.4.

interiors rock -especially if you like adaptations of classics + Matt Fox's art in #13 is super (Hand of Glory). also shown Kipling & Kiefer from #16 & Poe by E. Allgor (?) from #17.

im548.jpg

That sounds like a good one!. No additional info on Allgor on the Who's Who either.

interiors rock -especially if you like adaptations of classics + Matt Fox's art in #13 is super (Hand of Glory). also shown Kipling & Kiefer from #16 & Poe by E. Allgor (?) from #17.

glory.jpg

img982.jpg

im548.jpg

Wow! They look great.

Recent pickup from the recent ebay books that were mentioned.

Its a deslabbed 6.5 and looks the part. Wonderful stories in this one but the treat is the Wolverton story! (thumbs u

Adventures%20Into%20Terror%20%207_zpsfxmpudfv.jpg

Where%20Monsters%20Dwell%2001_zpsbnfffsmw.jpg

This splash is different than the one posted on the Atlas Tales site which must have come from when it was reprinted in the Crypt of Shadows 1 from the 70's. Wolverton is praised on the splash, his sig is moved and it is recolored in the title.

I will be posting the whole story over in the Classic PCH stories thread...

Thanks.. these pre-codes are scarce in higher grade, in general paper in the 50's was of a lower quality. Quite a few of the Northford's show tanning on the inside covers and hence I think thats why the grade of 8.5 on the Chilling Tales ...otherwise structurally the book is a 9.4.

very true. My book show the same interior tanning.

NorthfordSTT11cgc6_5_zpsedd60747.jpg

very true. My book show the same interior tanning.

NorthfordSTT11cgc6_5_zpsedd60747.jpg

Great book. I've always thought this cover is genuinely disturbing :sick: