• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

His completed list shows that it sold for $2,176 with 27 bids. The two under bidders were at $2151 and $2125.

I don't understand why the seller didn't offer it to them in succession, using eBay's second chance feature, assuming the winner got cold feet and didn't want to go through with his commitment to buy.

I'm very curious about this too. I was amazed by the end price because that's my old copy of that issue (see photo). It's one of the highest-graded copies (or 2nd-highest -- though I think it was tied for 1st-highest at the time I got it) and in my opinion the seller should have left it in the slab.

EDIT: Seller has explained that he forgot to mention that the comic is de-slabbed, and to make it fair to all bidders he elected to re-auction, since everybody's previous bids were based on the belief that it was still in the slab.

164001.jpg.416338cab26dcf42c512fcd0407ef7ab.jpg

I see this one posted a few times, so thought I would show off mine again. This is my favorite PCH, and the one that really hooked me when I first joined the boards. I remember seeing Artboy buy his and starting my search right then in earnest. Such a very cool book.

Great copy! :applause: I love this one too. Striking colors, lovely lady and so many neat little details.