• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

Chamberofchills23tag.jpg

Chamberofchills23.jpg

Great copy!!

+1!

Interesting to see with all that's been posted how some copies (not VK's) look more brown as opposed to red. Print production related, age/storage issue or simply different scan settings? hm

Chamberofchills23tag.jpg

Chamberofchills23.jpg

Great copy!!

+1!

Interesting to see with all that's been posted how some copies (not VK's) look more brown as opposed to red. Print production related, age/storage issue or simply different scan settings? hm

Hey Jayman, which reds? The background is brown, the woman's dress is red; do you mean the lettering? Just not sure which part you're asking about.

Chamberofchills23tag.jpg

Chamberofchills23.jpg

Great copy!!

+1!

Hey Jayman, which reds? The background is brown, the woman's dress is red; do you mean the lettering? Just not sure which part you're asking about.

See that's what I mean. The background is strikingly RED. Other copies I've seen it looks brownish. Ink change during press run or scanning or storage issues...

Edit to say that sure, the background isn't solid red it does fade to a muddy brown towards the top but from the middle of the word Chills down, it is primarily red. Look at October's, VK's and (my own) copies. They happen to be much red(er) than some others.

I've never noticed that before. I'll take some shots of both my issues in the same lighting and post them unenhanced. The background in my unslabbed one is brown, but the other colors are vivid. Very interesting!

Kind of like how on Atlas PCH the red lettering varies and can look faded even when the rest of the book is sharp.