• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

Finally got a copy of this issue.

Completely abhorrent. More vile than a Hutt gangster's armpit.

Last story here is the most twisted Hitler precode story I've read.

Gotta dig this cover though. I've always loved the animated movement in it.

Looks alive.

1823C633-69F4-457E-A12E-91851EBDF82A.jpg

Finally got a copy of this issue.

Completely abhorrent. More vile than a Hutt gangster's armpit.

Last story here is the most twisted Hitler precode story I've read.

Gotta dig this cover though. I've always loved the animated movement in it.

Looks alive.

1823C633-69F4-457E-A12E-91851EBDF82A.jpg

:applause:

A recent and unexpected cool addition to my spider web cover collection. A book I was unfamiliar with till our own Pat Calhoun posted a copy that caught my eye. I immediately searched and found one for sale. a Fox book from 1950 that contains the book length story "The Black Tarantula" that was retitled and reprinted in Startling Terror Tales #11 as "The Ghost Spider of Death!!". I never knew the STT 11 story was a reprint till now. Entertaining story and some great art and a splash posted below...

A%20Feature%20Presentation%20%205_zpsatksleqm.jpg

A%20Feature%20Presentation%20%205%20pg%202_zpsmpwenbnx.jpg

A%20Feature%20Presentation%20%205%20pg%2015_zps0z2u7eo9.jpg

A recent and unexpected cool addition to my spider web cover collection. A book I was unfamiliar with till our own Pat Calhoun posted a copy that caught my eye. I immediately searched and found one for sale. a Fox book from 1950 that contains the book length story "The Black Tarantula" that was retitled and reprinted in Startling Terror Tales #11 as "The Ghost Spider of Death!!". I never knew the STT 11 story was a reprint till now. Entertaining story and some great art and a splash posted below...

Awesome Jay! Startling Terror 11 is a favorite of mine you know. I think it needs a reread. That splash... ?

Very cool, very EARLY horror-cool art too! Congrats.