• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,227 posts in this topic

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

Still surprised that after all this time they still don't designate this as a classic cover! (shrug)

I've always thought that Harvey horror books don't seem to be revered in the same way as other PCH, or taken as seriously by the powers that be. Just a thought.

Maybe because there are a lot of file copies out there. They aren't really rare. Great covers and contents though. I love 'em! Also love your exploding sig line. Not many here would post coverless in theirs. I love 'em all from coverless to file copies!

Thanks RM :foryou:

I have no shame about posting my low grade stuff. It is what it is, and I genuinely love my very modest books. I also feel I must boost the pride that HG collectors have in their books, because stuff like mine makes the really good stuff look so so good, which of course it is. I say that without a hint of envy :cry: .

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

Still surprised that after all this time they still don't designate this as a classic cover! (shrug)

I've always thought that Harvey horror books don't seem to be revered in the same way as other PCH, or taken as seriously by the powers that be. Just a thought.

Maybe because there are a lot of file copies out there. They aren't really rare. Great covers and contents though. I love 'em! Also love your exploding sig line. Not many here would post coverless in theirs. I love 'em all from coverless to file copies!

I have no shame about posting my low grade stuff. It is what it is, and I genuinely love my very modest books. I also feel I must boost the pride that HG collectors have in their books, because stuff like mine makes the really good stuff look so so good, which of course it is. I say that without a hint of envy :cry: .

Any book that is loved and esteemed by its owner is worthy of posting on the Boards.

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

Any book that is loved and esteemed by its owner is worthy of posting on the Boards.

+1 -- I love coverless PCH, and 3/4 cover golden age books. Sometimes even more so than complete copies (but of course that is dependent on getting them at a cheap price!) :)

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

Well if there are a lot of file copies out there then I'm looking in the wrong places. I've been posting on the WTB thread and scouring sites for a nice COC 23 for a while and haven't found anything.

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

Well if there are a lot of file copies out there then I'm looking in the wrong places. I've been posting on the WTB thread and scouring sites for a nice COC 23 for a while and haven't found anything.

(thumbs u You know, if you want a ToT 15, there's plenty out there for sale, and a pretty good amount of WT25 and BCM50. CoC23 just does not come up for sale. Not in grade, but at all. I have the Bethlehem copy and I've been trying to upgrade it with a file copy for a decade now.

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

(thumbs u You know, if you want a ToT 15, there's plenty out there for sale, and a pretty good amount of WT25 and BCM50. CoC23 just does not come up for sale. Not in grade, but at all. I have the Bethlehem copy and I've been trying to upgrade it with a file copy for a decade now.

I'm afraid to say this before I acquire a nice copy but I think the price on this one is the issue. It doesn't sell for the multiples the other classic issues do. When it's recognized for it's awesomeness and the price starts to jump, copies in all grades will start to come out of the woodwork.

Would love to see a scan of the Bethlehem... :whistle:

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

I own almost the entire PCH run of all Harvey's in almost all highest grades...I'm also wondering where all the high grade file copies are...especially the WT25 please.

xxx

165995.jpg

Great book!

I own a COC 23 File Copy and it's the only one I have seen for sale in 10+ years of looking. If there are a bunch out there, they are locked up good and tight in collections, but they don't come nearly as frequently as people claim they should.

coc23.jpg