• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Jayman said:

Not only is this story great but the entire 68 page issue is filled with good stories and terrific art by Charles Biro, Fred Kida, Bob Fujitani and Al Jaffe. I'm thrilled to have this book to say the least! Here are some of the splash pages, enjoy!

AFC%203%20Iron%20Ace_zpszbbiwl2g.jpg

AFC%203%20Black%20Angel_zpsr6mntmjj.jpg

AFC%203%20Bald%20Eagle_zpsubl8eoqm.jpg

AFC%203%20Flying%20Duthman_zpsk1ikxqxr.j

Some great splashes there Meister :x

15 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Thanks guys! And being published in 1942, it's also chok full of politically incorrect name calling and stereotypical speech. :eek:

Ahh....the good old days :cloud9:

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, Jayman said:

A book I've been searching for a couple of years now finally crossed my path. I've always loved swamp monsters growing up with Swamp Thing and Man-Thing in the 70's. The Skywald horror mags at that time also reintroduced a character called the Heap. It became a goal to find this Granddaddy of this swamp monsters first appearance.

Air%20Fighters%20Comics%20Vol.1%20%203_z

Here are the pages of the Heaps first appearance from the story "Wanted by the Nazis".

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro_zpsf

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro2_zps

Not only is this story great but the entire 68 page issue is filled with good stories and terrific art by Charles Biro, Fred Kida, Bob Fujitani and Al Jaffe. I'm thrilled to have this book to say the least! Here are some of the splash pages, enjoy!

Nice, Jay............ pretty impressive interiors there........... no wonder Parker had so many of them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/28/2017 at 9:27 PM, Jayman said:

A book I've been searching for a couple of years now finally crossed my path. I've always loved swamp monsters growing up with Swamp Thing and Man-Thing in the 70's. The Skywald horror mags at that time also reintroduced a character called the Heap. It became a goal to find this Granddaddy of this swamp monsters first appearance.

Air%20Fighters%20Comics%20Vol.1%20%203_z

Here are the pages of the Heaps first appearance from the story "Wanted by the Nazis".

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro_zpsf

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro2_zps

What a great book. These are very under rated I think. Here is one of my favorites also with great content.

comairfighters7_zpst3tuzecx.jpg

Congrats Mr.Illmannered! 

I was bidding on all 3 of them. I really wanted the Voodoo 4 but at least I managed to win the Haunted Thrills 11. I don't have a pic yet but I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Here's 2 new ones from the clink auction

image.jpg

2 hours ago, X_Phile said:

Finally found the last one I needed to complete my Ghost Comics run. 

ghost 7.jpg

Very nice! An underrated cover IMO. Ghost group shot coming soon? :wishluck: