• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fifties said:

I think those are actually severed heads on the Haunted Thrills 9 cover.  Regardless, I can tell you that it's the best read of the run; all stories are well scripted, and excellent PCH fare.

Definitely severed heads, no question about that. But while the women's heads have their eyes closed looking rather peaceful, the man's head is quite the opposite and makes the cover all the more horrific! My 2c

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Dale Roberts said:

A cool book just in to my inventory...

939068552_o.jpg

So here's the contest.  Which cover has the most skulls?  My guess is Jojo.  Do you have one with more?8974032792_7be2907fbc_b.jpg

this beauty arrived today...

astonishing.jpg.f94453c95f973e21ec7f37d4845b128f.jpg

Bout a 3.0-3.5. Was really attracted to the bright colors. Yes this was the one on eBay, if anyone noticed it. When the seller first listed it he was asking $1200, which was way more than what I was willing to pay, but I put it on my watch just to see how quickly it would sell. I noticed he continued to come down on the price, and was surprised it was still there. I threw out an offer, and we made a deal. Great seller.

No recent sales on GPA...last one was in 2015 for close to $300 for a 4.0 I think. I've never noticed one for sale. I'd be curious to see what one would go for in auction. If anyone knows more I'd love more info. Just a classic and seemingly rare book that I felt compelled to pull the trigger on.

Picked this little beauty up recently; a book that I've been wanting for some time.

The stories aren't the strongest, but I love the cover illustration, with the drafting board in the foreground, and the rocket ship in the background.

I'll post some of my other acquisitions of late in the EC addict thread.

Men's Adventures 8.jpg

11 hours ago, fifties said:

Picked this little beauty up recently; a book that I've been wanting for some time.

The stories aren't the strongest, but I love the cover illustration, with the drafting board in the foreground, and the rocket ship in the background.

I'll post some of my other acquisitions of late in the EC addict thread.

Men's Adventures 8.jpg

Nice one fifties, I like it too as it really captures that feel of the early Sci-Fi movies! (thumbsu