• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,228 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

Don't think I've posted this one anywhere.... always liked this cover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

mU8IGY4.jpg

Always looked more like something I would see in the art world than a comic book cover.

Very different.

Pretty interesting history about the artist on these two links:

http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/2010/02/who-is-william-ekgren.html

http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/2010/05/letter-from-william-ekgren.html

If you read them start at the top one first.

Ditko's first professional work- the first ever Ditko's artwork to sell - his career starts with this one and it's only fitting that the first to sell is in a precode horror book! 

IMG_1217.JPG.fe19e1eda856b019fe9afd797ecd6eb7.JPG

Edited by bronze johnny

Went to a small local show recently and it turned out to be Halloween day. Sure, Halloween in March. Whatever lol

I had never seen the Treasure Chests before and thought they were just too neat not to buy. The DD 26 is one of my favorite books and a replacement for another copy I sold a few years ago.

Donald_Duck_26.jpg

Treasure_Chest_vol4_number4.jpg

Treasure_Chest_vol8_number4.jpg

5 hours ago, Likefro said:

Went to a small local show recently and it turned out to be Halloween day. Sure, Halloween in March. Whatever lol

I had never seen the Treasure Chests before and thought they were just too neat not to buy. The DD 26 is one of my favorite books and a replacement for another copy I sold a few years ago.

Donald_Duck_26.jpg

I never understood why that Donald Duck isn't a bigger damn deal. After all those four colors, it's the first truly Donald Duck-titled book. Ducks confound me.

On April 4, 2017 at 5:57 AM, bronze johnny said:

Ditko's first professional work- the first ever Ditko's artwork to sell - his career starts with this one and it's only fitting that the first to sell is in a precode horror book! 

That is a beautiful book!

15 hours ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

Finally arrived.

IMG_2543.JPG

I think another boardie at one time said the same thing but I loved this book until I saw the interiors. Not what I was expecting I guess (not sure what I was expecting either). Still like many other covers that one screams classic since my youth. The "girl" on the cover isn't even attractive by any means too.

Great book to own still and a beautiful looking copy as well.

20 hours ago, Likefro said:

Donald_Duck_26.jpg

Donald Duck is always good but those last two...nice.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:07 PM, N e r V said:

A late birthday present from my GF on last nights Clink auction brings me one issue closer to completing the Sensation Mystery run. Comics as gifts are the best. :cloud9:

ba9269417464f9d9cb7b6c56bf1ac12a5be709f7

Something of an under-the-radar run, but they are very neat books, imo.

22 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I never understood why that Donald Duck isn't a bigger damn deal. After all those four colors, it's the first truly Donald Duck-titled book. Ducks confound me.

DD 26 is really tough in high-grade, so in that sense it's something of a grail for Barks collectors.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:57 AM, bronze johnny said:

Very Nice book. Congrats!