• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2018 at 7:40 PM, TheDarkestKnight said:

Here are two recent pickups of mine.  I don't have the CoC 19 in-hand yet, but it should be here in the next week or so.  I loved the twist ending in CSS 17 that connected the 2nd and 4th stories :golfclap:

IMG_1747.PNG

IMG_1755.PNG

Excellent looking books both, and I very much agree with your take on the CSS 17 stories! When I first read that issue, EC got me with the nifty twist ending connection -- great fun!

50 minutes ago, gojira said:

Not a recent purchase but this just came back from CGC. They were a little tough with the grade assigned, I have seen uglier silver age 6.0s.

40363108774_faf94a54e0_b.jpg

Grade of course matters, but not so much on classic PCH (other than the obvious, a very creased VG isn't as desirable as a VF+) so much as eye appeal. Your book is one to be proud of!

On 3/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, IngelsFan said:

Her face definitely looks like Sekowsky.

Good catch on this one, I wasn't aware of the swipe on that particular portion of the cover. Was aware of the Jack Davis swipe for the main featured zombie, of course! A set of swipes though it was, the artist for that particular Beware cover had good taste, and put out a more than decent PCH cover! He probably said to himself "Hey, we can't all be Everett" plus he was probably on a deadline. :D

On 3/28/2018 at 3:35 PM, Robot Man said:

Dang Vez, that OO collection is a "horror head's" dream find! Is it all horror, sci fi ect or were there superhero and funny stuff as well? Would love to hear the story when you get the chance.

I answered an online out of state ad for "vintage comics for sale". It was from a woman who was cleaning out her friends house, an older gentleman who had passed away. As she was cleaning she would send me a box at a time. It was a slow process and took her a year to send me everything but the collection total was over 400 comics. The comics came to me raw not bagged and boarded. There was no superhero or funny stuff. It was all pre-code horror, sci-fi and jungle books. He seemed to have an affinity for "girl in the red dress in distress" covers. I don't really have anyone to share this amazing collection with so I decided to post them all here but honestly I've only posted about 100 so far. There's also Weird Mysteries, Venus, Voodoo, Strange Worlds, Eerie, Avon one shots and some incredible keys. I just wanted someone to share this spectacular collection with. Thank you, Victor 

Edited by VAZ

1 minute ago, VAZ said:

I answered an online out of state ad for "vintage comics for sale". It was from a woman who was cleaning out her friends house, an older gentleman who had passed away. As she was cleaning she would send me a box at a time. It was a slow process and took her a year to send me everything but the collection total was over 400 comics. The comics came to me raw not bagged and boarded. There was no superhero or funny stuff. It was all pre-code horror, sci-fi and jungle books. He seemed to have an affinity for "girl in the red dress in distress" covers. I don't really have anyone to share this amazing collection with so I decided to post them all here but honestly I've only posted about 100 so far. There's also Weird Mysteries, Venus, Voodoo, Strange Worlds, Eerie, Avon one shots and some incredible keys. I'm very modest and don't want anyone to think I'm bragging, I'm not. I just wanted someone to share this spectacular collection with. Thank you, Victor 

You're doing a good job of sharing, and not coming off as bragging at all. I'm glad the books found a home with you (lucky!) and that they didn't simply get pitched, or fall into hands that didn't know how, or why to care for them. Please keep sharing! :)

7 minutes ago, VAZ said:

I answered an online out of state ad for "vintage comics for sale". It was from a woman who was cleaning out her friends house, an older gentleman who had passed away. As she was cleaning she would send me a box at a time. It was a slow process and took her a year to send me everything but the collection total was over 400 comics. The comics came to me raw not bagged and boarded. There was no superhero or funny stuff. It was all pre-code horror, sci-fi and jungle books. He seemed to have an affinity for "girl in the red dress in distress" covers. I don't really have anyone to share this amazing collection with so I decided to post them all here but honestly I've only posted about 100 so far. There's also Weird Mysteries, Venus, Voodoo, Strange Worlds, Eerie, Avon one shots and some incredible keys. I'm very modest and don't want anyone to think I'm bragging, I'm not. I just wanted someone to share this spectacular collection with. Thank you, Victor 

Only emotion I have is awe and maybe a little jealously.... lol

Keep them coming! 

1 hour ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

the unseen!

I don't see anything. (shrug)

Wonder where this one will end up tomorrow night on C'Link? Been moving 'slow' considering HA sold an 8.5 for $3107 w b/p last September. Granted it was the highest graded copy. An outlier? I have always championed this book, and when i sold the rest of my Manhunt run, i hung onto my copy of this one. One of the wildest covers ever! 

www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH%2EASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmanhunt%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1237674&id=1237674&itemType=0