• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

GPA is littered with shilled ebay auctions when it comes to this book and MP7. The last two non shilled sales were on pedigree for 2300 and comic link for 2500. Neither of which report to GPA.

-J.

Interesting (and awful). I'm not saying your wrong, but all 7 of the most recent MP4 that I listed have had different serial numbers. Surely not all of those are shilled.

Usually when I see 1 outrageous price on GPA I think "shiller", but for there to be 7 in a row.....

I need to pay more attention to CL CC & Pedigree

GPA is littered with shilled ebay auctions when it comes to this book and MP7. The last two non shilled sales were on pedigree for 2300 and comic link for 2500. Neither of which report to GPA.

-J.

Interesting (and awful). I'm not saying your wrong, but all 7 of the most recent MP4 that I listed have had different serial numbers. Surely not all of those are shilled.

Usually when I see 1 outrageous price on GPA I think "shiller", but for there to be 7 in a row.....

I need to pay more attention to CL CC & Pedigree

There was a TON of shill bidding early on with both of those books, as well as GPA spiking. I would not buy either of those books from an eBay auction. Whenever they aren't on ebay they go for significantly less. And even then they go for more than they otherwise would because people are looking at all those shilled ebay results on GPA and believing they are getting a "good deal". There's actually an entire thread on this in the magazine section. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

Jay, I like that someone goes after shilled books. However, it would look good if you sometimes also went after some of the best books you yourself own. Don't you think so?

Edited by AlexanderM

-J.

Jay, I like that someone goes after shilled books. However, it would look good if you sometimes also went after some of the best books you yourself own. Don't you think so?

Possibly? But there is only so much time in the day. lol

-J.

I remember a few years ago I had a blue label 6.0 I believe lined up for like $500-600. I hummed and hawed. Took a few days. Changed my mind a few times. Eventually backed away from it and said I'll pick it up another time.

Since then, I can not tell you how many times I think of that and sigh.