• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Just wait till Avengers 2 if Cumberbatch appears at the end credits, it's going to get a huge boost.

We can only hope!

Btw, I have that actual license plate. I bought it from the the Real Kramer. Had him sign it too!

Just wait till Avengers 2 if Cumberbatch appears at the end credits, it's going to get a huge boost.

We can only hope!

Btw, I have that actual license plate. I bought it from the the Real Kramer. Had him sign it too!

Envious big time,

Prices seem to keep going up. What do you guys think?

Evidence?

Gpa

But I sold a ST110 in 9.0 back in August for 4X the GPA-recorded high. I believe that sales of other grades since then simply reflect the proportionate price increase that had already been realized. Put another way, I think GPA is a trailing indicator of the market on this comic. What sales since then have indicated that prices on the comic keep going up, rather than simply catching up?

The same thing happened with Hulk #1. After the 9.2 copy fetched a record price at auction, sales in the lower grades followed suit over the next couple months. Now, they've taken a breather, and each new copy to market no longer tops the last one sold in that grade.

I believe this sale was the highest thus far. Green River 9.0 for 24,500.00.

http://www.highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=gallery&id=2&sort_by=PROMO_PRICE

The last 7.5 in December also made a 1k leap over the last reported sale. They still seem to be climbing.

Between the last 90 days, the last 4.0, 5.0 7.0 and 7.5 as well as the 9.0 GR have all been broken so there's still movement upwards even if its not by a lot, it's still heading North. Makes you wonder what else has been sold out there that's been over the GPA highs in each grade.

I agree though, while gpa is a useful tool at times, it does lag behind a bit.

Edited by Timeless icons

Prices seem to keep going up. What do you guys think?

Evidence?

Gpa

But I sold a ST110 in 9.0 back in August for 4X the GPA-recorded high. I believe that sales of other grades since then simply reflect the proportionate price increase that had already been realized. Put another way, I think GPA is a trailing indicator of the market on this comic. What sales since then have indicated that prices on the comic keep going up, rather than simply catching up?

The same thing happened with Hulk #1. After the 9.2 copy fetched a record price at auction, sales in the lower grades followed suit over the next couple months. Now, they've taken a breather, and each new copy to market no longer tops the last one sold in that grade.

Comicconnect also sold a 9.6 recently for 66k which would be the new high for that grade. In another year or so, 66k will be a gift. :ohnoez:

I believe this sale was the highest thus far. Green River 9.0 for 24,500.00.

http://www.highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=gallery&id=2&sort_by=PROMO_PRICE

The last 7.5 in December also made a 1k leap over the last reported sale. They still seem to be climbing.

Between the last 90 days, the last 4.0, 5.0 7.0 and 7.5 as well as the 9.0 GR have all been broken so there's still movement upwards even if its not by a lot, it's still heading North. Makes you wonder what else has been sold out there that's been over the GPA highs in each grade.

I agree though, while gpa is a useful tool at times, it does lag behind a bit.

A 7.5 recently went for as high as $7k on ebay recently.

-J.

In my opinion, the grade spectrum is catching up with the 4X GPA record sales from back in the summer. While I suppose it's possible, I'd be very surprised if this book is selling for an additional 50% more next year than the current 4X GPA valuations established across the grade scale.

As for the sale of the Green River 9.0, nobody but Blazingbob, the consignor, and the buyer know what the comic sold for, but at the highest it was within a couple of percent of the 9.0 copy sold at auction in August, and that's despite being a pedigree copy with an old label. All sales since August in lower grades have been catching up to the 4X GPA bar established over the summer, but that's a different phenomenon than if prices were continuing to markedly rise above that new bar.

I would like to think it would be a 10k book. But ST 110 might go off slightly different than other books where hype peaked right before the movie. I think it has a shot to increase after the movie if it is a smash hit. Exposing Doc to a whole new audience.

Plus with the current run up how many uber HG copies 9.0 and up have shown up for sale. I think there are still many copies in the wild. Only 55 above 9.0 and 113 at 7.5 and up.