• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

I remember a few years ago I had a blue label 6.0 I believe lined up for like $500-600. I hummed and hawed. Took a few days. Changed my mind a few times. Eventually backed away from it and said I'll pick it up another time.

Since then, I can not tell you how many times I think of that and sigh.

It happens. Been through something similar countless of times. Now I just bite the bullet ;)

A 4.0 Sold on Ebay early 11/20/14 for $1625 - Man this book is climbing. Glad I kept my 4.5 and more thankful I paid only $400.00 for it.

This book has been so undervalued for way way too long. Finally deserving of this boost for a Stan and Steve creation. No longer a B Character in my honest opinion.

A 4.0 Sold on Ebay early 11/20/14 for $1625 - Man this book is climbing. Glad I kept my 4.5 and more thankful I paid only $400.00 for it.

This book has been so undervalued for way way too long. Finally deserving of this boost for a Stan and Steve creation. No longer a B Character in my honest opinion.

That price represented about a 20% bump pre- and post marvel movie announcements. Which is interesting since the strange movie had already been announced. And there's still no official casting announcement.

In the meantime an 8.0 went for over $7,100 and a 7.0 went for over $4800. I suspect this book still has some legs left in it before it plateaus.

-J.

I was happy with my St110 8.0 sale in the CL auction. Most of my other comics in the auction came in below GPA. I figured if any comic would perform well it would be the ST 110. $7100

The problem is I was thinking of this money as Xmas money, but they don't send out the checks for 30 days. Ugh

I wonder how much I will regret selling this comic as we get closer to the movie opening. Do you think an 8.0 will crack $10k before the premiere?

I was happy with my St110 8.0 sale in the CL auction. Most of my other comics in the auction came in below GPA. I figured if any comic would perform well it would be the ST 110. $7100

The problem is I was thinking of this money as Xmas money, but they don't send out the checks for 30 days. Ugh

I wonder how much I will regret selling this comic as we get closer to the movie opening. Do you think an 8.0 will crack $10k before the premiere?

Wouldn't surprise me to see it at least flirting with if not breaking $9k by this time next year. (thumbs u

-J.

I personally think the 8.0 is worth $8000 now and should crack over $10k near the movie premiere. High grade ds 169 are the way to go for continued price gains

My 8.0 that just sold in the CL auction only made it to $7100. It was a great looking copy visually but maybe it's CR-OW pages kept it down.

I was shocked to see what that 8.5 went for. Only a half grade higher than mine but $5000 more.

Edited by gadzukes

I have an 8.0 pence copy. Highest cgc rated. What do you guys think it's worth?

FMV for an 8.0 could well be $8k now. There were a few sales in the days after gadzukes copy sold that, if legitimate, would make a case for an $8k value, perhaps even more.

A pence copy 8.0 would have an average FMV of about 60% of that. Possibly a little more on a really good day. Possibly less on a bad one.

-J.