• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

All the ST110s on CC seem like they're going to do well tonight.

3 hours to go and:

9.0 is at $14,800

5.5 is at $2,250

4.5 is at $1,600

All of these are much higher than the last GPA stats and these auctions will probably end higher.

9.0 went for $23,500!

3 hours to go and:

9.0 is at $14,800

5.5 is at $2,250

4.5 is at $1,600

All of these are much higher than the last GPA stats and these auctions will probably end higher.

9.0 went for $23,500!

:acclaim:

ST 111 9.2 went for $2,350

ST 115 9.2 went for $3,030

ST 110 - Investment this is clearly the best book to invest in.

ST 115 - Has some outside interest - early Spidey and 2nd Sandman. Will appreciate in value but not anywhere ST 110 will.

ST 126 - Book is hot hot hot - has lots of legs for sure, if you can find a high grade this one will only keep climbing

ST 138 - Eternity Eternity Eternity, this book is a sleeper, Eternity is everywhere Cosmic stories (Ala Guardians Etc... ) Warlock, Thanos, and if Avengers 3 goes in that direction this will be a Mega Sleeper

ST 169 - I agree with Gadzukes - SEXY COVER - not so much a sleeper anymore but a keeper in high grade

This is just my opinion, but then I'm partial to the Doc.

Everyone forgets:

ST 111 - Not only the 2nd Dr. Strange, but it's the 1st Baron Mordo! It's not listed on any CGC label though.

3 hours to go and:

9.0 is at $14,800

5.5 is at $2,250

4.5 is at $1,600

9.0 went for $23,500!

I've been watching it as well. I was guessing around 21, 22k. Since that 8.5 on the GPA hit 10k last week, this was pretty much inevitable. Nice sale!

Supposedly, Phoenix is almost done with the sign up process with Marvel. Someone did what I assume is a photoshop of him.

ImageProxy_zps0acc325f.png

Edited by nextlevelmp

The problem with ST111 - 2nd Doc and Mordo is like the skeleton you have in the closet. (yes we all have one of those one nighters, that even your best friend would laugh at you for doing). This is how to describe this issue. It's a nice to have (sex), but not if you have to pay for it (nice)!

And ST146 best Ditko cover hands down!

Edited by Zack1973

This is the first expensive book I picked up after seriously getting back into the silver age classics. The price seemed so outrageously expensive at the time but now it is a bargain. What a funny hobby. Now if I could sell any of them. Damn emotional attachment.

And I agree that ST 146 is an amazing cover. Look at all the early STs and you will notice how few great Doc Strange covers there really are. All the classic grailsnhave terrible covers and or no Doc in them at all. Not 110, 111, 114, 115. The Doc covers are little fractions of a page. Not really until 146 do you get something dynamic or bold.