• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Ughh, seeing this books steady ascent really grinds my gears that I passed on it a few times in the past. :frustrated:

Awesome looking books in this thread! Congrats to those that own it :)

That really is sharp. :applause:

Now that I see a different picture of it I can easily tell what's going on with the spine. It's paper loss and not bug bites or chew marks.

When ST110 got too pricey for collectors they jumped to ST115.

When St115 got too pricey they jumped to ST169

As ST169 continues it's climb it seems like Marvel Premiere 3 and Doctor Strange 1 have been climbing quite a bit too.

I just picked up the 6 issue Straczinski "Strange" set to read. I thought it was really a good read and it seemed to me like it would be a fairly good basis for the movie. Mordo/Dormamu are the villains. Clea is in it. It's got a fairly modern slant to it.

I wonder if this series will start to rise in value?

Issue 5 has a great cover:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-1-2-3-4-5-6-COMPLETE-J-MICHAEL-STRACZYNSKI-SET-DOCTOR-MARVEL-MOVIE-/191513893126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c971e1906

When ST110 got too pricey for collectors they jumped to ST115.

When St115 got too pricey they jumped to ST169

As ST169 continues it's climb it seems like Marvel Premiere 3 and Doctor Strange 1 have been climbing quite a bit too.

I just picked up the 6 issue Straczinski "Strange" set to read. I thought it was really a good read and it seemed to me like it would be a fairly good basis for the movie. Mordo/Dormamu are the villains. Clea is in it. It's got a fairly modern slant to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-1-2-3-4-5-6-COMPLETE-J-MICHAEL-STRACZYNSKI-SET-DOCTOR-MARVEL-MOVIE-/191513893126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c971e1906

Yes, those are the three big ones: 110, 115, and 169. First appearance, first origin, and first in own title. But yeah, when those three become out of reach others will also start to get picked up.

These two are big time sleepers,

138 - First Eternity (Pretty much a sure in to appear in Avengers 3 & 4

146 - Hands down the sexiest Ditko cover page featuring the Doc. I've been picking these up as often as possible, this issue will be one on everybody's list to get framed on the wall.

Worst... Series... Ever...

How can anyone like these books? It was a terrible Matrix ripoff written by a hack. Just awful.

Worst... Series... Ever...

How can anyone like these books? It was a terrible Matrix ripoff written by a hack. Just awful.

Any modern Strange stories that you like or could recommend? I have hardly read any modern comics, but I picked up a collection of 18 modern longboxes recently. As I've gone thru the boxes (to sell) I've pulled a few story arcs to read. I thought the Strange series was good. Today I read the Jason Aaron Thor story arc about the God slayer. I really liked that one too. I usually just pick up trade paperbacks but it's been fun reading the comics