• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel down to 66% on Rotten Tomatoes...

167 posts in this topic

I keep telling myself watchmen was a 64% RT and it was awesome...

:wishluck:

Indeed. The Director's Cut of that movie is always in the running for my favorite Comic Book movies. (thumbs u

What is different in the director's cut from the theatrical release?

The squid is back.... :sorry: I wish. In actuality you get the introduction and death of Hollis Mason which is the biggest and about another 20 minutes or so of other new material that isn't really that major.

This website has an insane discussion of the differences, enjoy:

Watchmen Directors vs Theatrical Cuts

I keep telling myself watchmen was a 64% RT and it was awesome...

Indeed. The Director's Cut of that movie is always in the running for my favorite Comic Book movies. (thumbs u

What is different in the director's cut from the theatrical release?

Extra scenes that were cut. My favorite is the one where the original Nite Owl gets killed by muggers--he gives them a nice fight first. There were other good scenes added back in that I haven't seen for a year or two I'm forgetting.

just dropped to rotten---59%. i'll still be pretty surprised if i don't love it.

Now I want this more than ever to be a multi-hundred million dollar hit, just so people can wonder why anyone pays a critic to write reviews if they can't be trusted to make it worth reading.

57% - officially rotten...

It still has plenty of wiggle room, but it's definitely stuck near the line. It now has no chance of getting anywhere near the critical response to "Superman Returns." I still maintain that movie doesn't get a fair shake--it's good. The Saturn Awards aren't all that prestigious, but it's about the best we've got for the science fiction and action flicks that the Academy ignores, and "Superman Returns" won their best fantasy film, best director, and best screenplay awards for 2006.

From one of the RT critics...

Mr. Kent somberly wanders the Midwest, pondering the struggles of being an incredibly handsome alien with good hair, perfect pecs and a natural six pack...

lol

I'd also add: "...plus, he's British", which is as-cool-as-cool-can-be once again over here in the colonies, especially amongst the young teeny-bopper/One Direction set my daughter currently inhabits...

It still has plenty of wiggle room, but it's definitely stuck near the line. It now has no chance of getting anywhere near the critical response to "Superman Returns." I still maintain that movie doesn't get a fair shake--it's good. The Saturn Awards aren't all that prestigious, but it's about the best we've got for the science fiction and action flicks that the Academy ignores, and "Superman Returns" won their best fantasy film, best director, and best screenplay awards for 2006.

I really disagree regarding that movie.

I really disagree regarding that movie.

Not hard to do considering it was Singer's love letter to the Donner Superman movie and an absolute failure in that regard.

Believe it or not, I thought 300 sucked! lol

Really? What didn't you like about it?

Tell you the truth, I don't remember. I was thinking of giving it another shot, since most people I know dug it.

Believe it or not, I thought 300 sucked! lol

Really? What didn't you like about it?

Tell you the truth, I don't remember. I was thinking of giving it another shot, since most people I know dug it.

Give it a try. Then if you still don't like it, at least you will know why.

:foryou: