• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Man of Steel is the new benchmark,as DC`s future is bright!

222 posts in this topic

And next week is going to be telling.

The super openings of "Man of Steel" and "This Is the End" helped to lift the box office 50 percent over last year when "Madagascar 3" and "Prometheus" held on to the top spots. "Man of Steel" will face off against stiff competition next week when Paramount's zombie thriller "World War Z" and the Disney-Pixar's prequel "Monster's University" both debut.

Although 25 critics have given WW Z a 76% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Wow! And the box office news keeps rolling in.

Internationally, Man of Steel soared with $71.6 million in its first weekend, including $17.6 million in the United Kingdom and $9.8 million in Mexico. The film has yet to open in a number of large markets, but it’s already clear that it will easily outdo Superman Returns $191 million international haul.

(worship)

The super openings of "Man of Steel" and "This Is the End" helped to lift the box office 50 percent over last year when "Madagascar 3" and "Prometheus" held on to the top spots. "Man of Steel" will face off against stiff competition next week when Paramount's zombie thriller "World War Z" and the Disney-Pixar's prequel "Monster's University" both debut.

I hate to turn this into Entertainment Weekly, but didn't the 3-D re-release of "Monsters Inc" have a lukewarm opening last year?

Not thinking that property is gonna be much competition myself. hm

Internationally, Man of Steel soared with $71.6 million in its first weekend, including $17.6 million in the United Kingdom and $9.8 million in Mexico. The film has yet to open in a number of large markets, but it’s already clear that it will easily outdo Superman Returns $191 million international haul.

(worship)

It beat Superman Returns just with the first preview. ;)

(worship)

It beat Superman Returns just with the first preview. ;)

lol

Man Of Steel Soars To $196.7 Million With Only A Warner Bros Mobile Game Tie-In

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man of Steel has made $196.7 million globally in its first four days. The new Superman movie from director Zack Snyder and Call of Duty: Black Ops II writer David S. Goyer earned $125 million domestically, including $13.3 million on IMAX screens – a June record. It’s the top movie in all 25 countries it’s been released in thus far.

I think DC executives are doing the happy dance right about now.

Man Of Steel Soars To $196.7 Million With Only A Warner Bros Mobile Game Tie-In

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man of Steel has made $196.7 million globally in its first four days. The new Superman movie from director Zack Snyder and Call of Duty: Black Ops II writer David S. Goyer earned $125 million domestically, including $13.3 million on IMAX screens – a June record. It’s the top movie in all 25 countries it’s been released in thus far.

I think DC executives are doing the happy dance right about now.

Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_II_box_artwork.png

;)

Despite the original posts about its similarity to a video game, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a nice mix of story and action. I thought the acting and writing were well done. It was certainly better than IM 3.

:applause:

I hate to turn this into Entertainment Weekly, but didn't the 3-D re-release of "Monsters Inc" have a lukewarm opening last year?

Not thinking that property is gonna be much competition myself. hm

3-D re-releases of movies have been bombing the last two years. Not to mention everybody and their mother already had Monsters Inc. on DVD or Blu-ray. Monsters U. will probably do better than a lot of people think considering it's one of the first big kids movies of the summer.

Despite the original posts about its similarity to a video game, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a nice mix of story and action. I thought the acting and writing were well done. It was certainly better than IM 3.

No comparison to IM 3 whatsoever! lol I think this is the biggest summer movie of this year hands down

I think Episodes I II & III were a success as well. Not because they were good movies but because everyone went to see them HOPING they were good.

Now Im not saying MOS is as bad as Star Wars I II III but that might explain the box office numbers. Or the blind following. Most likely the latter

We'll know how successful it is in four weeks. If it is able to maintain it's box office, then it was a huge success. But like we've seen with a lot of other big opening movies, if people don't go see it more than once, it will drop off rather quickly.

No. I'm right and you're wrong because...

A) you saying he has no writing ability is just... incorrect.

B) he HAS written every major character for the big two. Why you think he hasn't is just.... Incorrect.

Here's your proof: Grand Comics Database

I don't see Thor or Wonder Woman on the list. :baiting:

No. I'm right and you're wrong because...

A) you saying he has no writing ability is just... incorrect.

B) he HAS written every major character for the big two. Why you think he hasn't is just.... Incorrect.

Here's your proof: Grand Comics Database

I don't see Thor or Wonder Woman on the list. :baiting:

As addressed a number of posts back, Wonder Woman in the JLA and Thor in the Avengers.

I think Mark Waid is an excellent writer.

I've enjoyed the stuff that I've read (I haven't read all his works). To me, he's one of the few creators that seems to have a respect for previous history of characters. I thought his run of FF was great. Best stuff that book has seen since the Byrne years.

I thought Birthright was good too. I'm not a big Supes fan, but I liked that story. It's been awhile since I read it, but I recall liking it better than Red Son.

+ 1

I read Kingdom Come for the first time last year when a forumite sent me the TPB to enjoy. What an emotional ride, and especially to see how Captain Marvel was tortured and then had to sacrifice himself in the end. I kept reading on wondering why nobody else had ever thought of this great story before.

+ 1

I read Kingdom Come for the first time last year when a forumite sent me the TPB to enjoy. What an emotional ride, and especially to see how Captain Marvel was tortured and then had to sacrifice himself in the end. I kept reading on wondering why nobody else had ever thought of this great story before.

Agreed.

It was great to see Captain Marvel portrayed that way as well, the epic battle between him and Superman. I need to read this again.

And what a shame that there can't be a movie named "Captain Marvel". :(

I think Episodes I II & III were a success as well. Not because they were good movies but because everyone went to see them HOPING they were good.

Now Im not saying MOS is as bad as Star Wars I II III but that might explain the box office numbers. Or the blind following. Most likely the latter

Star Wars prequels made so much money because they were that, “Star Wars prequels”. Not sure how 2 & 3 faired compared to 1, I would assume Phantom Menace would have made the most.

Unfortunately I came out of all three feeling let down, regardless of the box office numbers.

Leaving Man of Steel I could see why this movie will make a ton of money, simply because it was an awesome movie which was highly enjoyable.

Sorry that you didn’t get that feeling when you left the cinema, maybe you’ll have better luck with The Wolverine.