• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Man of Steel is the new benchmark,as DC`s future is bright!

222 posts in this topic

I think Mark Waid is an excellent writer.

I've enjoyed the stuff that I've read (I haven't read all his works). To me, he's one of the few creators that seems to have a respect for previous history of characters.

Waid is a true comics fan and loves reading DC comics. He is the DC trivia master, I don't think there's anyone who can beat him.

Now Im not saying MOS is as bad as Star Wars I II III but that might explain the box office numbers. Or the blind following. Most likely the latter

Then why was the opening weekend for "Superman Returns" only $52 million with significantly better reviews? That has me rather puzzled as well, and the only thing I can come up with to support the difference is that people heard this film was full of action and that's what they wanted to see. (shrug)

Now Im not saying MOS is as bad as Star Wars I II III but that might explain the box office numbers. Or the blind following. Most likely the latter

Then why was the opening weekend for "Superman Returns" only $52 million with significantly better reviews? That has me rather puzzled as well, and the only thing I can come up with to support the difference is that people heard this film was full of action and that's what they wanted to see. (shrug)

Great hype/promo job leading up to the movie which really built up excitement - maybe one of the best jobs ever done for a movie. Word of mouth was really strong also for people who saw the movie and it seems most of the people who disliked it were some movie critics and Marvel fans on the CGC boards.

Father's Day I know played a part but the Saturday to Sunday drop off was almost negligible in terms of box office receipts - obviously not a movie that people are seeing and not really enjoying.

Great hype/promo job leading up to the movie which really built up excitement - maybe one of the best jobs ever done for a movie. Word of mouth was really strong also for people who saw the movie and it seems most of the people who disliked it were some movie critics and Marvel fans on the CGC boards.

Father's Day I know played a part but the Saturday to Sunday drop off was almost negligible in terms of box office receipts - obviously not a movie that people are seeing and not really enjoying.

I think it is too soon to talk of a ticket sales drop-off. I'd wait at least a week or two to judge this. It will be interesting to see what impact upcoming movies will have on Man of Steel future sales.

- Monsters University (6/21)

- World War Z (6/21)

- The Lone Ranger (7/3)

- Pacific Rim (7/12)

- Red 2 (7/17)

- The Wolverine (7/26)

- The Smurfs 2 (7/31) :P

World War Z is 77% on RT and carrying a 7.2 on IMDB.

I've heard from a boardie that its a stinker of a movie.

The trailers don't really look that interesting. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray.

That may be good for Superman then.

With some movies like Ender's Game, Thor, Hunger Games 2, The Hobbit 2, and Jack Ryan coming out much later in the year, this may leave enough time for Man of Steel to maintain its steam.

I don't see the appeal either, but a few of my friends are hot for it and talk about it as if it'll be the film of the summer. I can't tell what they're seeing that looks good. (shrug)

Man, looking at the calendar for the rest of the year on Moviefone, there are some other flicks coming out I forgot about.

- Despicable Me 2

- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

- Disney's Planes

- Kick-Azz 2

- The World's End (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost) :whee:

- Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For

- Elysium (this looks like it may be a surprise hit)

I don't see the appeal either, but a few of my friends are hot for it and talk about it as if it'll be the film of the summer. I can't tell what they're seeing that looks good. (shrug)

The only cool shot I see is the one where Zombies are clamouring over each other. What they fill the over 2 hours with I don't know.

The only cool shot I see is the one where Zombies are clamouring over each other. What they fill the over 2 hours with I don't know.

That looked cool the very first time I saw it. The twenty times since, not so much.

I think Episodes I II & III were a success as well. Not because they were good movies but because everyone went to see them HOPING they were good.

Star Wars prequels made so much money because they were that, “Star Wars prequels”. Not sure how 2 & 3 faired compared to 1, I would assume Phantom Menace would have made the most.

Unfortunately I came out of all three feeling let down, regardless of the box office numbers.

Leaving Man of Steel I could see why this movie will make a ton of money, simply because it was an awesome movie which was highly enjoyable.

Sorry that you didn’t get that feeling when you left the cinema, maybe you’ll have better luck with The Wolverine.

He might be violently ill after it. :sick:

Any oscars? hm

It will win special effects. ;)

:wishluck: I hope they're that good.

You should be happy as this will open the door up for your Flash movie!

:cloud9:

Now I'm holding out for the Adam Strange movie. :luhv:

Why not both :idea:

Never trust anyone who makes their decision about a film before they've even seen it. :screwy:

Isn't that what trailers and reviews are for? (shrug)

I think it is too soon to talk of a ticket sales drop-off. I'd wait at least a week or two to judge this. It will be interesting to see what impact upcoming movies will have on Man of Steel future sales.

I prefer a more relaxed movie-going experience, so my grand plan was to see Star Trek Into Darkness right when Man Of Steel frenzy kicked in.

I was shocked to see it had been relegated to one or two showings per day. What's up with that? (shrug) Into Darkness has a 87/92 Rotten Tomatoes rating. And you would think Star Trek would have long-appeal as older viewers get off their butts to go see it.

Just seems dumb that a movie with such strong ratings and broad appeal gets pushed off to small rooms and movie taverns so quickly.

Guess I'll hit Man Of Steel this week, if I want to see it large and loud.

Never trust anyone who makes their decision about a film before they've even seen it. :screwy:

Why?

I reviewed MOS 6 moths ago.

Pretty accurate.

If you think the Wolverine movie has any chance of being a good movie you are greatly mistaken..