• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FBP - Federal Bureau of Physics (previously Collider)

132 posts in this topic

1C - with FBP logo. 3000 print run. VERY hard to find....

Does that mean the original "Collider" title logo has the highest print run of all the #1's?

Oh man, really, I was just at a shop and I passed on 5 copies that were in NM or better grade....shoot. Kicking my self in the *spoon*

MyComicShop still has them available for sale 1st Prints are $6.40 and the 2nd Prints with the "FBP" Cover are still listed for sale at cover price.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=Collider+%231&pubid=&PubRng=

"Robbi Rodriguez’s last issue of Federal Bureau of Physics is the upcoming #13. That’s a really sad note, as it’s a book I enjoy, and particularly for the contributions of Rodriguez and cover artist Nathan Fox. Hopefully whatever the enormously talented Rodriguez works on comes soon. I truly dig his work."

Quote from multiverysitycomics.com

"Robbi Rodriguez’s last issue of Federal Bureau of Physics is the upcoming #13. That’s a really sad note, as it’s a book I enjoy, and particularly for the contributions of Rodriguez and cover artist Nathan Fox. Hopefully whatever the enormously talented Rodriguez works on comes soon. I truly dig his work."

Quote from multiverysitycomics.com

Bummer, I enjoy the book but honestly in the month (at least?) between issues i forget most of what has happened. I'm looking forward to re-reading it all in one go when it finishes though.

WTTB TheNewMutant ! I think you'll find a lot of thoughts on the books here. I'm personally a 1st print guy. I would pay no more than cover for any 2nd because I just don't want 1 in my collection. I feel like this. They could make a 3rd print with 500 issues, a 4th with 400 copies all the way down to 1 copy. That is more sports card collector than comic collector imo.

On the other hand, lots of card guys collect comics. Good luck either way. (thumbs u

WTTB TheNewMutant ! I think you'll find a lot of thoughts on the books here. I'm personally a 1st print guy. I would pay no more than cover for any 2nd because I just don't want 1 in my collection. I feel like this. They could make a 3rd print with 500 issues, a 4th with 400 copies all the way down to 1 copy. That is more sports card collector than comic collector imo.

On the other hand, lots of card guys collect comics. Good luck either way. (thumbs u

Hey, thanks! I usually don't collect second prints, myself. But this one was interesting so I decided to grab two copies of the second printing. I may unload them soon to raise funds for completing my TWD collection. I've got a nearly complete run but I'm missing a couple of key issues. I like this series, so I may hold onto one #1 for reading.

so where is this going? will this series have staying power? i have like 9 or 10 of the #1 first prints, 4 #2s and 4 #3s..

should i dump them now like i did my Saga 1s only to see them go up another 300-400% after i do?

1C - with FBP logo. 3000 print run. VERY hard to find....

Does that mean the original "Collider" title logo has the highest print run of all the #1's?

Oh man, really, I was just at a shop and I passed on 5 copies that were in NM or better grade....shoot. Kicking my self in the *spoon*

MyComicShop still has them available for sale 1st Prints are $6.40 and the 2nd Prints with the "FBP" Cover are still listed for sale at cover price.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=Collider+%231&pubid=&PubRng=

when i looked yesterday they only had two copies available. an $80 VF and a $40 fine. yes, those prices seem rather optimistic, true, as they were consignment books, but it seems mycs is cleaned out otherwise.

The second story arc, "Wish you were here", was superb.

I recommend this series to any sci-fi fan -- especially X-Files.

But... I am sad to see Robbi Rodriguez move on as the Artist.

I am not a fan of the new artist, Ponticelli. Ponticelli is trying to be & falling short of Paul Azaceta.

Robbi Rodriguez is one of the creators of FBP and likely still part-owns the rights.

:wishluck: he returns as the artist on the next arc.