• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bale done with Batman

62 posts in this topic

I guess I'm in the minority here, I thought Bale was a terrific Batman. He didn't perfectly embody every aspect of the character, but I felt his was the best live action portrayal so far.

Although his "disguise voice" was odd at times, I liked Bale in the role as well.

I would like to know what traits would make fans comfortable that they are witnessing a super detective? Even in The Dark Knight where Batman works at determining The Joker's origins, you see plenty of detective work taking place. So just wondering what is missing.

It's called Nerd butthurt Nick.Bale leaves now everyone hates him.I thought Bale was a great Batman.

I guess I'm in the minority here, I thought Bale was a terrific Batman. He didn't perfectly embody every aspect of the character, but I felt his was the best live action portrayal so far.

Although his "disguise voice" was odd at times, I liked Bale in the role as well.

I would like to know what traits would make fans comfortable that they are witnessing a super detective? Even in The Dark Knight where Batman works at determining The Joker's origins, you see plenty of detective work taking place. So just wondering what is missing.

It's called Nerd butthurt Nick.Bale leaves now everyone hates him.I thought Bale was a great Batman.

He's better than Clooney that's for sure :roflmao:

But I think Bale wants to move on from Batman (I can't blame him)

I think a new actor should be the way to go for a Batman reboot & JLA movie.

What a difference in actors over the years.

gal_recast_bruce-wayne_batman.jpg

Who could handle the cowl?

hm

hm

Armie Hammer?

hm

Armie Hammer?
Scott Adkins?

Read Morrisons' JLA run and then we can discuss how Batman should be done in a movie ;)

Finally, I hated Bale as Batman. For me, besides the single glimmer of light that was Ledger's Joker performance, all three of the Nolan Batman's sucked. I guess Gary Oldman was pretty well cast also.

Oldman was great!

hm

Armie Hammer?

Can't act, have you seen J. Edgar or Social Network?

Bale was okay. It is going to be hard to live up to a comic book image of Bruce Wayne. The voice wasn't great, but it is hard to match up to Kevin Conroy.

Doesn't matter who they get, its not going to be a perfect casting and its not going to suit everyone. I don't see why people can't just watch the movies and either enjoy them or not.

Yeah I agree with this.

I enjoyed all three movies. I think that the actors provide their interpretation of a character. Therefore, I think that each interpretation *should* be different and to try to compare one Batman to another then becomes a little redundant.

For example, I've read a lot of flaming of Ledger's performance as the Joker. But I thought it was brilliant - it was a dark, disturbed interpretation. If you take my favourite, the Jack Joker, it was more comedic and clown-like. While I still prefer Nicholson, I thought that Ledger's performance was brilliant.

If all Batman's were presented the same it would get dull real quick and we'd have no one to lynch mob.

I can't blame Bale for not being the world's greatest detective in the three Nolan Bat flicks - the blame for that rests with the creative team who wrote the screenplay, the -script and then directed and produced it. Like Conroy said, Bale had to rely on the people on the other side of the camera. To trust in them.

I really liked Bale's performance in Batman Begins... but I felt something wasn't quite right.. like he was "tired"... or not quite invested in the role by The Dark Knight Rises.

But, Devil's advocate, perhaps that was him acting to the direction of Bruce Wayne being "over" Batman and hitting the nail on the head.

I really enjoyed the Nolan Trilogy. There was great action and some really cool moments. There were some slow moments too and some interpretations that didn't quite gel for me. But that didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the trilogy.

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets given the cowl next and who ends up in the director's chair.

As long as it's not Schumacher, we might be okay. I'm still haunted by that scene of the Ice-Hockey fight vs Mr Freeze's goons... and this:

lbDju5J.jpg

I like Christian Bale, but I never got into his portrayal of Batman. And, as someone mentioned above - I don't think the character was ever captured correctly.

I definitely did not get "World's Greatest Detective" from any of the movies. And for as critical as comic book geeks are, I'm genuinely surprised people don't have a problem with his lisp.

The detective aspect was what I was getting at when I said he didn't embody the character perfectly. Though he did do some detective work in The Dark Knight. I guess the best detective Batman we've had so far was Michael Keaton in the first Batman, when he figures out how the Joker was poisoning the citizens of Gotham.

hm

Clooney looks best in the cowl there. I know it's not Bale's fault, but that outfit looks silly.

It really sucks that Christian doesn't want to helm the batman role any longer. To me he was great as he is in all of his movies I've seen him in. He's one of the most driven and intense actors in the movie industry. I can't think of one role he's just been terrible in. Hes also been the best batman to dawn the costume. The others were horrible and so were the movies.

hm

Armie Hammer?
Scott Adkins?

Who cares? As long as there are nipples on the suit, I'm ok with it. :cloud9:

I thought Bale did a great job too. I don't mind him stepping down and letting someone else take over but I thought he was the Best Batman BY FAR of all of them.

hm

Armie Hammer?
Scott Adkins?

What about the first "man" ?? :grin:

batmanadamwest_zpsf07e31ee.jpg

hm

Armie Hammer?
Scott Adkins?

What about the first "man" ?? :grin:

batmanadamwest_zpsf07e31ee.jpg

:headbang:

batman-and-robin-wall-walk.jpg

Nothing to see here folks :whistle: