• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Just got my JIM 49 from class-act boardie Pontoon. No Kirby or Ditko, but it's the first issue of Journey Into Mystery since the "Atlas Implosion" in 1957. A 15 month hiatus.

I think it's a really cool book.

Just picked up one of my all-time nemesis books!

RAD862AB2011223_115916.jpg

The #2 and #6 were beauties as well and went for bargain prices. Any boardies get them?

(worship)

I don't bow down too often, but that is one nice copy.

DR.X

Just picked up one of my all-time nemesis books!

RAD862AB2011223_115916.jpg

The #2 and #6 were beauties as well and went for bargain prices. Any boardies get them?

(worship)

I don't bow down too often, but that is one nice copy.

DR.X

Great book!! :applause:

Time for a :bump: on this thread to start a discussion that I have been interested in for a while. I've gotten flashes of an opinion on this subject, and the idea of doing a poll to bring the discussion to the fore is just too much to resist (poll runs until Sunday at noon CST):

On low to mid-grade... fine. But It irks my innards when people SS a high grade silver age book. There's so many things for people to sign, why have them sign a HG comic cover? It seems it's all about the 'flip' and making a buck in the higher grade cases.

I was kind of wanting an option between "love SS" and "never". I personally don't do autographs, but I don't have anything against someone else getting one.

I can see that. Maybe "love" was a strong word to use in the poll but I do see what you mean.

On low to mid-grade... fine. But It irks my innards when people SS a high grade silver age book. There's so many things for people to sign, why have them sign a HG comic cover? It seems it's all about the 'flip' and making a buck in the higher grade cases.

+1 -- this is basically my position too. I like signatures on the first page, personally, but I have also gotten some books signed on the cover. For pre-hero it would always be mid to lower grade and on the first page if I can help it. Ultra high grade (9.6-9.8) is a terrible option for an autograph IMO.

I posted this in the group shot thread as well, but of course it is most appropriate here. This is my recently completed run of Amazing Adventures #1-6, which I finally finished by picking up the #1 (which was an arch-nemesis book for me). I need to upgrade the #2, and eventually the #4, but overall I am really happy with completing this small but very cool run.

AArun.jpg

That's an Amazing group shot!!! :applause:

I posted this in the group shot thread as well, but of course it is most appropriate here. This is my recently completed run of Amazing Adventures #1-6, which I finally finished by picking up the #1 (which was an arch-nemesis book for me). I need to upgrade the #2, and eventually the #4, but overall I am really happy with completing this small but very cool run.

AArun.jpg

Books look so frickin' sweet together!! :headbang::banana: (thumbs u

AArun.jpg

Books look so frickin' sweet together!! :headbang::banana: (thumbs u

AWESOME! :applause:

That set and Amazing Adult Fantasy are definitely future pursuits for me...

THX to my buddy Korvac this book is now in my set...one of my favourite Pre-Hero covers! :headbang:

We were wondering, is the "M C" date prefix of any significance?

Astute fellow Pre-Hero afficianados please let us know any thoughts...

THX in advance!

Tom

STRANGETALES78CGC75OWW.jpg

Edited by trmoore54