• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Just a reminder for all you newer boardies....theres a SUPER website for pre-hero Marvel Monster fans at:

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/

MONSTERBLOG!

Red Hook

Thanks, Red

I especially enjoyed reading the speculations of how the pre-hero monsters could possibly tie into later superhero continuity. Fun Stuff.

jim073.jpgjim073page01.jpg

Sorry for the condition, but It's good reading. I have heard of sellers referring to this book as a pre-cursor to the radio active spider that bit Spider-Man but I feel that that's a stretch. And using that to "Talk Up" a book is unnecessary. If you don't want to see a giant spider threaten our civilization then mentioning Spider-Man isn't going to convince you either.

812748-JIM71.jpg

812748-JIM71.jpg.1be0addc4c44c2180fa2ae35cbfd77d1.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

812748-JIM71.jpg

This looks like a first date gone horribly wrong. "Hey honey lets park next to that giant egg shaped structure and then dig a hole with this shovel I brought along." poke2.gif

Don't know if anyone followed the Heritage Auction. The splash page to the GRUTO story went for $5K. Does that seem ridiculously low for a Kirby/Ayers splash page??

I'll have to check to see if it met reserve. I woulda bid on it if I didn't have money tied up elsewhere. I mean, it's GRUTO!! cloud9.gif

Nice book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Welcome to the boards, Atlas. hi.gif

Cool avatar, by the way. That's from one of my favorite Bill Everett stories in Adventures into Weird Worlds 10.

828497-EbayAdvWW10pg.jpg

828497-EbayAdvWW10pg.jpg.3e9e96ecea49525169752b9b09acc626.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Thanks for the warm welcome, Adam. I've been admiring your books for a while, and hope I can show you some that will be almost as impressive.

Here's one of my all-time favorite covers, providing, as it does, a nice example of Ditko at his unrushed finest.

By the way, your quick I.D. lf my avatar also impresses me. Now, can you tell me what book the li'l devil is reading (one of the reasons this is one of my favortite Everett stories)?

jim58.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome, Adam. I've been admiring your books for a while, and hope I can show you some that will be almost as impressive.

Here's one of my all-time favorite covers, providing, as it does, a nice example of Ditko at his unrushed finest.

By the way, your quick I.D. lf my avatar also impresses me. Now, can you tell me what book the li'l devil is reading (one of the reasons this is one of my favortite Everett stories)?

Dante's Inferno is my guess without looking at my copy.

Weren't they also readying comic books?

I recognized the artist quickly and I know the story but must sadly blame age and senility for forgetting some of the details. (The scan was done several years back.)

gossip.gif Rro is a very cool Ditko book!

Edited by adamstrange

This is not the highest-grade copy of this book that I've ever seen, but it displays the brightest colors. What a magnificent Everett covert!

If this doesn't belong in this thread because it's an Atlas, I will cease and desist posting such covers here.

jim5.jpg

AWESOME book! headbang.gif

I'll certainly forgive any cool Everett cover you'd like to post, but there is a thread for pre-code horror in the GA Forum where it might fit in a bit better.