• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

but everyone loves a good monster!

tos156rj.jpg

GOOM 27_laughing.gif I love those books. thumbsup2.gif

They're AWESOME. But I do have one question: why are there 12 suit & sportcoat clad men out in the mountainous foresty region, climbing rocks, trees, etc? Corporate team-building exercise gone horribly awry????27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

but everyone loves a good monster!

tos156rj.jpg

GOOM 27_laughing.gif I love those books. thumbsup2.gif

They're AWESOME. But I do have one question: why are there 12 suit & sportcoat clad men out in the mountainous foresty region, climbing rocks, trees, etc? Corporate team-building exercise gone horribly awry????27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

right!

and why would you hang on to goom?

he's from planet x !!! if he doesn't mess you up, his son surely will!

i'll have to raise these questions (and many more, like how do 'we' humans

know their names when they just rose from a volcano/swamp/the earth/thin air/a lake/a cloud/glass jar/ice/snow/spaceship/bee hive for but a few seconds) next time i catch stan. stooges.gif

Gorgolla is one my favorite pre-heros -- the cover and story shows off how "sculptural" Kirby's darwing could be. That's not a common issue in that kind of grade -- I saw it on his site and I think you did well to pick it up. Have you received your copy? How bright is it? thumbsup2.gif

This is a great thread. I collected the Pre-Hero Marvels and then went back to the Atlas era comics (finally picked up Journey Into Mystery #37, the last comic I needed, at San Diego in 2002). It was fun and challenging putting together the four titles. I'll post some of my favorites, starting with what I think is the best mummy cover of all time:

tta8b.jpg

753130-tta8bforum.jpg.92ae35edd8150d12bcf29c1cb78a1130.jpg

Edited by LordThanos1969