• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Bunky Brian,

This early TTA and TOS are some of my favorites. It's really a treat to see them in that kind of awesome condition.

The larger scan of the book I used for my avatar.

Tales to Astonish #20.

TTA_20.jpg

Nice one! I have always loved that cover, thanks for sharing and WTTB!

Nice one JM!

Here is my latest TOS aquisition, and I know I overpaid for it so if I bought if from a boardie please don't gloat too much. I just couldn't pass up the WHITE pages. In hand it looks like a 9.0 but it has a munched lower back corner that I could give a :censored: about because the front is so danged pretty.

TOS31CGC.jpg

Nice one JM!

Here is my latest TOS aquisition, and I know I overpaid for it so if I bought if from a boardie please don't gloat too much. I just couldn't pass up the WHITE pages. In hand it looks like a 9.0 but it has a munched lower back corner that I could give a :censored: about because the front is so danged pretty.

TOS31CGC.jpg

:cloud9: Nice

Nice one JM!

TOS31CGC.jpg

:applause:

Nice one JM!

TOS31CGC.jpg

DOOM PROTO! :headbang:

VERA NIZE! :applause:

More of a pre-hero Atlas, just picked up from Harvdoss, presents better than the 5.5!

st3.jpg

DA KINE! :headbang:

Very nice!

There's a thread in the Golden Age forum for just such type of books. Feel free to cross post there as I suspect that other pre-code horror collectors would appreciate seeing it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=759405#Post759405

Though not technically a pre-hero Marvel, it is pre-hero, and it is a Marvel (Atlas).

And it has just about the coolest Bill Everett cover there is...

marveltales153.jpg

Though not technically a pre-hero Marvel, it is pre-hero, and it is a Marvel (Atlas).

marveltales153.jpg

.....yes, indeed. I suppose it's safe to assume that copy isn't for sale ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I suppose it's safe to assume that copy isn't for sale ?

I sold it once, years ago. I had fretted about it since. It magically appeared at the Wizard Austin show. It's going to stay put for a while.

Congrats on the reunion......I'd salt it away too......that cover is so cool, it even looks good as a "beater" which is what most of them are. GOD BLESS...

marveltales153.jpg

.....yes, indeed. I suppose it's safe to assume that copy isn't for sale ? GOD BLESS...

I have never seen that cover, Bill Everett was a master. That is a beautiful copy.

I would like to see more of these later Marvel Tales, very under appreciated. :cloud9:

MarvelTales155.jpg