• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

I was surprised to find this on page 2! :o

Time to get this thread back on track by posting my latest pre-hero monster book.

Millie107.jpg

Here's what's inside.

Millie_Monster_p1.jpg

Millie_Monster_p3.jpg

Nice going Adam...and here I thought my collection was complete. :sumo: Now I must get this last scrap of pre-hero monster apocrypha!

This was a recent find. I knew that there was a Jack Kirby appearance but not that it was so neatly tied in with the pre-hero monster books. I can't think of any other SA Marvel story that involved the creative team.

I was surprised to find this on page 2! :o

Time to get this thread back on track by posting my latest pre-hero monster book.

Millie107.jpg

Here's what's inside.

Millie_Monster_p1.jpg

Millie_Monster_p3.jpg

Nice going Adam...and here I thought my collection was complete. :sumo: Now I must get this last scrap of pre-hero monster apocrypha!

There's an error in the last caption bottom right...should say "one of my...monsters." Sentence isn't complete. :odoh!

Edited by trmoore54

It's really amazing...after almost 25+ years of collecting pre-hero monster books, hunting down the most obscure prototypes, etc. I had never knew that this Millie story existed.

Just goes to show ya that there are still surprises and buried treasures out there!

Bill

I am going to be incredibly vague here, but I swear there's another one.

I think it's a Patsy Walker where she is looking at her little brother's comic books and there's some convoluted plot that ties in the plot of the books with some boyfriend machinations. I am going to have look for this.

Thanks, I've always loved the pre hero marvels.

I had a very nice TTA 27 that I sold/traded for cash and GGA Phantom Lady books last year. It was worth over $5,000. The TTA 29 which I consider to be a much more interesting Kirby cover is only a fraction of that value. (and I still have a signed lower grade TTA 27), so I'm pleased.

Here are the TOS I recently added. I'll have to decide if I want to sell my raw copies down the road and I'll need to reslab the 8 at some point.

SUPER-SUH-WEEET books Collin! Keep it rollin' :headbang:

This latest acquisition brings me within 1 book of completing my TOS run

That is impressive! :applause:

Love that Millie The Model, thanks for sharing AS!! This latest acquisition brings me within 1 book of completing my TOS run:

tos38.jpg

Amazing copy.. where on Earth did you find that recently?

And what's the TOS copy you need for your run?

Here are my latest pickups. The TOS was a Christmas present from my brother, and the two TTAs were self-submissions (with a press from Joeypost). I'm really happy with the #12, but was bummed with the PLOD on the #24 (that book actually got through the pre-screen as Universal, and only post-grading did it switch to purple). I may look at having the resto removed on the #24 since it is pro work.

TOS35CGC.jpg

TTA12CGC.jpg

TTA24CGC.jpg