• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Here are my latest pickups. The TOS was a Christmas present from my brother, and the two TTAs were self-submissions (with a press from Joeypost). I'm really happy with the #12, but was bummed with the PLOD on the #24 (that book actually got through the pre-screen as Universal, and only post-grading did it switch to purple). I may look at having the resto removed on the #24 since it is pro work.

TOS35CGC.jpg

TTA12CGC.jpg

TTA24CGC.jpg

Nice group of books!! Hopefully that CT can be removed, TTA #24 is such a tough book.

Here are my latest pickups. The TOS was a Christmas present from my brother, and the two TTAs were self-submissions (with a press from Joeypost). I'm really happy with the #12, but was bummed with the PLOD on the #24 (that book actually got through the pre-screen as Universal, and only post-grading did it switch to purple). I may look at having the resto removed on the #24 since it is pro work.

TOS35CGC.jpg

TTA12CGC.jpg

TTA24CGC.jpg

Nice group of books!! Hopefully that CT can be removed, TTA #24 is such a tough book.

That is one sweet TTA 12. Congratulations.

TOS35CGC.jpg

TTA12CGC.jpg

TTA24CGC.jpg

That is one sweet TTA 12. Congratulations.

I gotsta chime in as well and say those are a couple of AWESOME TTA beauties! Tuff news on the 24 but it's still a bee-yoot-e-ful copy! :headbang:

Here is my first (and probably only) win from the January Clink auction. I also went after the #4 but didn't bid as high as I probably should have because I really wanted the #5 and couldn't really afford them both. Did any boardies win the #4?

RAD2E0E820101222_133051.jpg

Even though it's in a new slab, the serial number indicates the AA 5 is a very early submission. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get an 8.0 White if you resubmitted it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here is my first (and probably only) win from the January Clink auction. I also went after the #4 but didn't bid as high as I probably should have because I really wanted the #5 and couldn't really afford them both. Did any boardies win the #4?

RAD2E0E820101222_133051.jpg

Great copy!! :applause:

I love the pre-hero Marvels you fellows have been posting in this thread. It's a pity Marvel had to drop the publication of these stories in order to concentrate on superheroes because of the restrictive distribution deal Marvel had with DC at the time.

:(

I love the pre-hero Marvels you fellows have been posting in this thread. It's a pity Marvel had to drop the publication of these stories in order to concentrate on superheroes because of the restrictive distribution deal Marvel had with DC at the time.

:(

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I always heard that that deal was why Hulk had to get cancelled after #6 so that Marvel could launch Amazing Spider-man. They had only so many titles they could do, and they wanted to get a title for Spidey so bad they had to drop Incredible Hulk. Is that how that happened, or have I been clinging to bad information for 25 years (which wouldn't be the first time, of course...)?