• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,012 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

So is the alien who can change to a human in the TOS 8 (March 1960) story “I am the Changing Man” (T-568) a Skrull as well?

Give the boys over at Heritage some time to discover that :)

-bc

Whoever that "many" is, I hope they fabricate a reason for every collector/speculator/flipper to want in on the PHM Goodness :flipbait:

Come to think of it, our books are one of the most logical areas to borrow ideas from as they come from the same House of Ideas as the later Marvel Universe. It's almost too easy to pluck a story from this era and retcon it into whatever they want.

I also saw this about Strange Tales 71 in the GCD when I was analyzing job codes "This story could conceivably be in Marvel continuity, in which case this might be any of the three Merlins."

Oh boy! Buy 'em up gang! :headbang:

-bc

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

Throwing this in for kicks even though its D.C. Kirby used these stone monsters in a few other books. Still having nightmares from my Christmas Contest where you guys didn't even show up. I'll have to unleash the Sporr on you guys.

20210208_153516.jpg

Sorry I didn't participate in your contest this year sir - was sort of hospitalized for the majority of it. The day I got out was the day after the contest was over :pullhair:

But I'll be back with my bad guess next year!

-bc

1 minute ago, bc said:

Sorry I didn't participate in your contest this year sir - was sort of hospitalized for the majority of it. The day I got out was the day after the contest was over :pullhair:

But I'll be back with my bad guess next year!

-bc

Were you recovering from what you spent in 2020 on pre-heroes? I could see it.

5 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Were you recovering from what you spent in 2020 on pre-heroes? I could see it.

Y'know, I should have told the surgeon to take out that extra kidney as a down payment for my 2021 purchases. Guess a foot of hole-filled intestines doesn't have any serious street value.

-bc

Edited by bc

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

A book I've wanted for a while, just needed to find the right copy. People frequently want a LOT of money for this issue. 

ST 70 f.png

That is one tough book in any grade. When in does show up in higher grades get ready to go into a sweat. LOL

8 minutes ago, DR.X said:

That is one tough book in any grade. When in does show up in higher grades get ready to go into a sweat. LOL

Thanks! Yeah, I really had to be patient with that one. There are a few higher grade copies out there but the money gets real crazy real fast on those.