• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Wow!  It's hard enough finding these in beat up conditions, let alone 9.2 and 9.0.  Very cool.

Thanks! You're spot on correct about that! I don't even collect this run, but when I see books in this high of grade and can actually afford them, I try to lock a few down. Both of those are actually tied for highest graded. Going down that particular rabbit hole will definitely require restraint on my part, as Atlas produced a TON of horror titles! Prices will usually keep me in line though.  :ohnoez:  lol 

38 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks! You're spot on correct about that! I don't even collect this run, but when I see books in this high of grade and can actually afford them, I try to lock a few down. Both of those are actually tied for highest graded. Going down that particular rabbit hole will definitely require restraint on my part, as Atlas produced a TON of horror titles! Prices will usually keep me in line though.  :ohnoez:  lol 

My eyesight sucks, but is the JIUW 57 a Circle 8 ped ? ... I especially like those as CGC no longer acknowledges the pedigree, although they are usually real sweet. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

My eyesight sucks, but is the JIUW 57 a Circle 8 ped ? ... I especially like those as CGC no longer acknowledges the pedigree, although they are usually real sweet. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

You're eyes were right on the money this time Jimbo, as yup, it's a Circle 8 copy! I just checked and CGC DOES acknowledge the Circle 8 collection as a pedigree. This is what it says about the collection in the pedigree area:

Circle 8

In 1992 this massive collection of 100,000 comics was discovered in a barn in Tuscon, Arizona by Greg Buls and Howard Harris. It was assembled through a used bookstore between 1955 and 1972 who discounted unsold comic books by writing a grease pencil "8" inside a circle, indicating a discount of 2 cents off the original 10 cent cover price. This practice continued as cover prices increased to 12 cents (with a grease pencil "10" written as the discount), 15 cents, and 20 cents, with an estimated 50% of the collection exhibiting the written discount. Of note, many of the highest graded horror and science fiction Atlas comics from the '50s hail from this pedigree.

10 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Fantastic pair of books sir!

Since you have a mini-run going (56 & 57), I'd say dive down that rabbit hole! :)

-bc

1 minute ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks bc!!! Yeah, I'm already on my way down the rabbit hole. Save yourself bc .... it's too late for me .....  :ohnoez:

I've been undergoing weekly electro-shock therapy to curb that desire.

Image result for electro shock therapy

After several years of therapy, my eyes don't even see those books in auctions.

-bc

3 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I now have a run of Strange Tales from #67-168 except for......  #110.  Obviously I'm itching to get one so I'm going to sell my Amazing Spider-Man #129 when it gets back from CGC to raise money.  In an ideal world I'd like to keep both but I always liked Dr. Strange better than the Punisher.  Anyway I'm going to post one ST cover a day until I get to #109.  I'm hoping that will keep me focused on saving for #110 and not to spend the money on something else.  

Strange Tales #067.jpg

:applause:

Congrats dude!

Good Luck on the 110 - let me know if you need the number of my therapist :)

-bc

I also sent in my Werewolf by Night #32 (1st Moon Knight) to get graded.  The plan was to sell that one too for the Dr Strange, but I'm having second thoughts.  I've loved Moon Knight since I was 7 years old and the new TV show might be great.  However comic prices are freaking me out lately and I don't want to miss out.  What do you all think?  Trade Bronze for Silver?