• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bc said:

:headbang:  Awesome array of books gang!  :headbang:

I agree with the good Dr, some of these books just don't show up in your desired grade very often and you better jump on the chance when you can!

-bc

I tried to jump, but I ended up tripping and falling flat on face :tonofbricks:

I have noticed, over the last few years, that issue #34 of Tales to Astonish rarely comes up for sale in high grade.  Does anyone have a theory as to why that is?

I ran a quick comparison on issues 20, 23, 34, and 27 just as a small baseline.

There are 821 slabbed copies of issue 27, and if you count qualified, signature series, and restored there are a whopping 1096 copies that have been graded by GCG.

There are 81 slabbed copies of issue 34, with 4 copies (none graded) for sale on Ebay and 1 raw copy for sale on Comic Connect.

There are 69 slabbed copies of issue 23, with 13 copies (4 graded) for sale  on Ebay and 3 raw copies for sale on Comic Connect.

There are 78 slabbed copies of issue 20, with 19 copies (4 graded) for sale  on Ebay and 1 raw copy for sale on Comic Connect.

Is issue #34 that much of a keeper that no one wishes to part with a high grade copy?

11 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

I have noticed, over the last few years, that issue #34 of Tales to Astonish rarely comes up for sale in high grade.  Does anyone have a theory as to why that is?

I ran a quick comparison on issues 20, 23, 34, and 27 just as a small baseline.

There are 821 slabbed copies of issue 27, and if you count qualified, signature series, and restored there are a whopping 1096 copies that have been graded by GCG.

There are 81 slabbed copies of issue 34, with 4 copies (none graded) for sale on Ebay and 1 raw copy for sale on Comic Connect.

There are 69 slabbed copies of issue 23, with 13 copies (4 graded) for sale  on Ebay and 3 raw copies for sale on Comic Connect.

There are 78 slabbed copies of issue 20, with 19 copies (4 graded) for sale  on Ebay and 1 raw copy for sale on Comic Connect.

Is issue #34 that much of a keeper that no one wishes to part with a high grade copy?

I only have a mid grade raw copy. If memory serves, our own @bc has a nice high grade copy though. Maybe he'll share it after seeing your post. It's a book I'm looking for as well.