• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 43 out tomorrow. Predictions?

111 posts in this topic

The Guide is absolutely indispensable. And I love it. In fact, love EVERY aspect of it.

When/if I have the time, I literally spend hours going through different parts of it. It is so ultra-rich in information of ALL kinds, on every level.

I simply do not understand how any serious comic collector could think otherwise.

To me, it is highly educational and illuminating, a tremendous resource, and even rich in entertainment value just in and of itself.

I'm still blown away that these guys haven't put together some kind of Digital model yet.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but if you mean an electronic version, then yes, an electronic version of the Guide has been available I think for at least several years now, at the Heritage website, ha.com

I'm still blown away that these guys haven't put together some kind of Digital model yet.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but if you mean an electronic version, then yes, an electronic version of the Guide has been available I think for at least several years now, at the Heritage website, ha.com

I was thinking a more interactive version, kind of like stashmycomics where you can make a list of your collection. And also an App. Having a version you can download and search on your smartphone seems like the best idea. It's a market that hasn't really been tapped from what I've seen int he app store.

I was thinking a more interactive version, kind of like stashmycomics where you can make a list of your collection. And also an App. Having a version you can download and search on your smartphone seems like the best idea. It's a market that hasn't really been tapped from what I've seen int he app store.

Yeah - I'd love an iPad version! The desktop-bound PDF edition is a poor execution of a digital version!

I can't recall a time in the post-eBay age where I've actually used the Price Guide facet of the book, but I still pick it up every year because I enjoy the market reports, the articles, the Hall of Fame galleries, etc. It's a nice little "Comic Book Yearbook" that looks great on the shelf with the other volumes and is a very fun casual flip-through read.

I buy it every year. Just did the pre-order on Amazon. Granted their prices are not always reflective of the market, but a surprising number of books go on a little run and then float back to the Overstreet level.

Try checking the results from a Heritage GA auction against Overstreet some time. There is some divergence here and there, but a substantial majority of prices are pretty close to Overstreet.

I usually buy mine on the boards, but didn't see anyone selling them this year. Where is the "Amazon" pesell? I'm not getting that when I do a search, unless it's for the paperback.

Yes, I did order the paperback. I've never had a hardback copy. The paperback seems to hold up fine over the course of the year.

Used to be that I had to have one as soon as it came out.

But not so much now. I might get one (at a discount) every few years or so.

Almost seems irrelevant over the last 15 years or so. Too much info on the web to bother with an OPG.

+1 but I bought one last year, I may or may not this year. :)

Almost seems irrelevant over the last 15 years or so. Too much info on the web to bother with an OPG.

You can also read pretty much every issue of any title on the web instead of buying the floppy's :baiting::grin:

Used to be that I had to have one as soon as it came out.

But not so much now. I might get one (at a discount) every few years or so.

I was the same way - seems like dealers or collectors of lots of different kinds of books/runs get use of the OSPG. I sell stuff on a very small scale, and I'm mostly concerned with previous sales data on popular, common-selling books that I can get online.