• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day Men from Boom Studios

304 posts in this topic

I'm told the 12k includes the variants.

Mine was 1k

9p0t.jpg

lets not forget:

DAY MEN #1 25 COPY INCV SIGNED NIGHT VAR (NET) (C: 1-0-0)

BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Matt Gagnon, Michael Alan Nelson (A/CA) Brian Stelfreeze

For thousands of years, the world has been controlled by the "50 Families" a secret network of vampire covens engaged in timeless contests of power. But when the sun rises, the vampires are forced to employ the services of a human who acts as their daytime fixer...Trained for centuries to be the mortal soldiers employers, the Day Men go forth at sunrise, alone into the world, t oo fd toh ethire v baimddpiinrge of their sleeping benefactors.

Written by Matt Gagnon (FREELANCERS) & Michael Alan Nelson (SUPERGIRL,

HEXED) and drawn by industry legend Brian Stelfreeze, DAY MEN is a sexy,

actionpacked

epic perfect for fans of AMERICAN VAMPIRE and TRUE BLOOD!

(NOTE: For every 25 copies Day Men #1 ordered, retailers will rcv 1 Brian Stelfreeze "Night" Var signed by Matt Gagnon, Michael Alan Nelson, & Brian Stelfreeze free.)

coming soon...

With a print run of only 12,000 from what I hear, there were even FOUR covers for #1 first prints (by my count):

1. Regular

2. SDCC

3. Larry's

4. Cards Comics and Collectibles/

Laughing Ogre Comics

How did you hear about the print run numbers. I usually look at comichron but they aren't there yet.

With a print run of only 12,000 from what I hear, there were even FOUR covers for #1 first prints (by my count):

1. Regular

2. SDCC

3. Larry's

4. Cards Comics and Collectibles/

Laughing Ogre Comics

Baltimore Comic Con has a variant, saw it in Boston.

Finally read it this weekend (a bit behind).

The pacing was a bit odd at times, but I really liked it. Definitely another positive checkmark for BOOM.

Pat

I agree on the pacing but also enjoyed it. (thumbs u

The pacing was a bit odd at times, but I really liked it. Definitely another positive checkmark for BOOM.

Pat

Pacing aside, it's taking off on eBay. I know this isn't the "eBay" thread, but wow, I'm surprised. I read it, enjoyed it, and threw it to the side. Wasn't a serious stand out book to me.

Pat

Pacing aside, it's taking off on eBay. I know this isn't the "eBay" thread, but wow, I'm surprised. I read it, enjoyed it, and threw it to the side. Wasn't a serious stand out book to me.

Maybe vampire content is still gold these days? hm

I have yet to actually see a Night variant - perhaps they DO exist???!

Haven't seen the Baltimore one mentioned anywhere until now. Can you provide a pic/link?

I too figured "another vampire book".. but a friend happened to also be at my LCS and convinced me to pick it up. Glad he did.

Also, when I mentioned it to my significant other, she thought I said something about Matt Damon...

Picked up 4 copies today and two sold at full asking price in 10 minutes of listing 24.95 plus shipping. Another has a minimum bid of $8.99 and another is a b.i.n with three watchers. Hitting some more shops tomorrow for more copies.

Picked up 4 copies today and two sold at full asking price in 10 minutes of listing 24.95 plus shipping. Another has a minimum bid of $8.99 and another is a b.i.n with three watchers. Hitting some more shops tomorrow for more copies.

Nice! This is so strange to me, my nearest LCS has tons left, not sure if this can really last, but I hope so.

Buy them and list them. Your odds are good if you sell now :grin:

Oh I already did sir! Hoping they sell by the morning, we'll see. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still surprised by how well its doing!

Oh I already did sir! Hoping they sell by the morning, we'll see. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still surprised by how well its doing!

Glad to hear it. I'm a little surprised too but I happily surprised lol

Glad to hear it. I'm a little surprised too but I happily surprised lol

Hmm, no luck selling multiple copies though, so it hasn't blown up that big yet :)