• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do I do here

53 posts in this topic

Dealer can't be bothered to remove a $4k book from his online store when it sells? I'm pretty much for moving on with life on most things - however, in this case, I'd neg him just to let future buyers know what happened.

No I am saying it might not be an online store. I relist all of my stuff at once. I just click on top box which automatically highlights everything on that page that didn't sell and then hit relist. I don't have a store. I missed a $10 Transformer when I was culling listings that had sold elsewhere. It was accidentally listed along with everything else at the same time and I honestly didn't catch it.

It sold. That was when I realized that I missed it. I explained it to the buyer and had returned his money within an hour of the item selling and him paying for it.

On occasion it happens to the best of us.

Not sure why i would cut myself off ebay, lots of great books to be found there.

I have 10X more good experiences with Ebay than I do bad, and for the most part, I get the book I am expecting. It's rare (but not unheard of) to get a surprise in the mail.

That's great and I'm glad you have more good than bad,personally I don't want to have any bad experiences.I have always been able to find the right book I'm looking for here. (shrug)

Not sure why i would cut myself off ebay, lots of great books to be found there.

I have 10X more good experiences with Ebay than I do bad, and for the most part, I get the book I am expecting. It's rare (but not unheard of) to get a surprise in the mail.

That's great and I'm glad you have more good than bad,personally I don't want to have any bad experiences.I have always been able to find the right book I'm looking for here. (shrug)

I recently completed a deal on another forum and am at a loss as to what was sent to me. I just had to post a thread a few minutes ago asking others in the forum to identify what it is and whether or not it is genuine or a knock off imitation. If I had purchased the item on eBay as I should have I would not be taking photos and posting the images to discern whether or not I got hosed, the item would already be in route back to the seller.

Don't get me wrong - I love the Boards. Nothin' beats this place. But, I cruise Ebay pretty hard, too. I can count on one hand how many times I've been hosed buying or selling on Ebay in 15 years. I am fortunate not to have had any major league issues that never got resolved.

And I don't consider any undergrading/damage issues a bad thing as long as the seller resolves it.

You cant even do A. He's asking to cancel the transaction which means no feedback.

I think if a seller has enough cancelled transactions it can affect their five star status, but I dont know that for sure...

I've been hit with that before, on a lesser book that was a good deal. As soon as I bought it he came back with "oh sorry that sold a while back and I just didnt update the inventory"

I even called ebay to complain and they noted something (yeah right) on his account, but there was nothing else to be done.

You could ask for compensation of equal value based on what you thought the book was worth..If he has something else listed that you are interested in.

Noted accounts in general are a joke. The only reason they're there is so that a customer service rep can tell you they see the record next time you call in about the issue. No one proactively reviews notes on an account unless there's an issue.

With that said do what you feel best about doing. If its readily available at the same price elsewhere then what's it matter? If it is a rare item at that price raise Hell a little and ask him to give you a discount on another purchase.

If you Neg him it might help him to avoid doing this again in the future to someone else .

If you let him off he will never learn . What if you had missed out on another deal while your money was tied up in this one ?

Not saying that I would Neg him, or that you should. These are just my arguments for it .

There is a neutral option.

Not as harsh as a negative but you can at least communicate to future buyers that this behaviour is a possibility.

C

Provide me his address and I will pay him a visit.

I only ask for 30% of the resale value in return.

heh :/

heh heh :blush:

heh heh heh :)

ha ha :grin:

ha ha ha ha :D

ho ho ho ho ho lol

woo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo :roflmao:

sorry, sorry, let me catch my breath.

B - move on.

You have the connections to get another any time you like I would imagine Joey.

Life is too short and it's just a comic book.

There is a neutral option.

Not as harsh as a negative but you can at least communicate to future buyers that this behaviour is a possibility.

I second this. When I am tempted to leave a negative, I usually graciously "menace" the seller with a neutral. :)

Besides this, I know you feel bad, but you are not 100% sure that he’s been acting dishonestly.

I too think B is the best answer cuz it provides you with the least hassle and headache, however, you could try and continue the dialog with the guy and find out why or what happened and let him know you are pretty disappointed

Someone may have actually negotiated a deal for the item and beat you to the punch. In that case the seller is an honest one in honoring the deal with the offline seller rather than accepting your purchase at the full price.

Selling a book listed on eBay to someone off eBay is against the rules, no?

I would choose A, agreeing with the people who say this is the way to keep the guy from doing it again. The extreme reluctance of many buyers to leave negative fb is one reason so many scammers and semi-scammers have such great fb.

This has happened a few times. Hard to prove but you kind of know it. a few weeks ago i read that Ronan the accuser was going to be in the GOTG and I go to Ebay and see a copy of FF65 in what looks like fine for $9 . I buy it. by mid day the news is out about Ronan and I was totally expecting the seller to say "I lost it" , Well the next day I get the "Cant find it " email. Could he has lost it, sure. But he posted a picture of it and all . I just moved on. No email back or anything.

A few months ago I read that Groot will be in the GOTG movie so I see a copy of Hulk Annual #5 on Amazon for $1 . I buy it. Ofcourse the next day I get the "I cant find it " email. Again move on.